New Visitor
charlie11

Want to close Amex Green and Sears Citi card - Need advise

Hello,

I want to close my Amex Green card and Sears Citi with 4500 limit which I dont use much. Amex green is charging 95 dollars annual fee which is too much if I see my card usage. Amex Green was oopened in 2010 and Sears Citi was open in 2011 end.

Can someone please advise on how I can close these accounts without adversally affecting my score? My current score is around ~ 760.

Also, after or before closing, I want to apply another card which has like 14-18 months 0% APR.

Can Someone please advise on hyow I can achieve this without affecting credit score

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Want to close Amex Green and Sears Citi card - Need advise

charlie11 wrote:

Hello,

I want to close my Amex Green card and Sears Citi with 4500 limit which I dont use much. Amex green is charging 95 dollars annual fee which is too much if I see my card usage. Amex Green was oopened in 2010 and Sears Citi was open in 2011 end.

Can someone please advise on how I can close these accounts without adversally affecting my score? My current score is around ~ 760.

Also, after or before closing, I want to apply another card which has like 14-18 months 0% APR.

Can Someone please advise on hyow I can achieve this without affecting credit score

The only significant effect would be on your utilizaiton, which we don't know.  

$95AF is a big for a card you don't use much.  

Why close the Sears MC? They have good deals on deffered interest if you need any major appliances or such.  The only fee is $25 if you want the rewards, whcih you can skip if low usage. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+