Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to downgrade AMEX PRG to Green.

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Want to downgrade AMEX PRG to Green.

So...it's almost that time. I want to downgrade my PRG to a Green because of the annual fee. The rep on the line kept saying there wasn't an "offer" available for me to downgrade and that I should just reapply for a Green account. That can't be normal, can it?

I know the ED would be a better card, but since my credit is borderline to begin with, AMEX isn't quite giving up a revolver to me easily (I've tried.)...

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong! lol. Thanks all!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to downgrade AMEX PRG to Green.

@injustifiiable wrote:

So...it's almost that time. I want to downgrade my PRG to a Green because of the annual fee. The rep on the line kept saying there wasn't an "offer" available for me to downgrade and that I should just reapply for a Green account. That can't be normal, can it?

i don't think you can PC from a revolver to a charge card

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 46
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

PRG is a charge card...just trying to go from one charge to another...it's a lower annual fee on the Green...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 46
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

PRG is a charge card...just trying to go from one charge to another...it's a lower annual fee on the Green...

sorry my bad. How long have you had the card

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 46
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

10 months or so. My year anniversary will be in March...

Message 5 of 46
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

10 months or so. My year anniversary will be in March...

You have to have the card for at lease 13 months.

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot PC an Amex before 13 months according to some. That being said, I PCed my Blue Sky to a BCE after like 6 months.

However, i would not PC in this case. The Green in my opinion is a useless card. I would just app for an ED card if you want to keep your MR points
Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can do a product change from charge to charge.. ive talked to amex chat about this in the past. 

Message 8 of 46
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

If you don't mind taking another HP I would get ed instead. Well technically I probably would do another charge and revolver for backdating and it's one HP. So you could do either gold or green +everyday.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may just close mine or dg to senior green for a year.
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.