Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get Costco AMEX TrueEarnings card

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Re: Want to get Costco AMEX TrueEarnings card

When I opened mine I was approved for $1,100 (I think.  Maybe $1,300) but anyway it was a low limit and I literally had no credit history.  It was increased automatically 16 months later to $5,300.  I have better limits with other cards but I'm happy with this and definitely don't want to come to the attention of the AMES powers that be in these times, so I'll just leave it as is.
Message 21 of 36
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Good point Kay_Cee!  I already have the Blue Cash card that was CLD about 9 months ago.  Since the CLD, I use my Chase Freedom card exclusively with a gas tank here and there for the card.  I now see it as a waste.  And I do shop at Costco often.  I spend about $300-400 there every other month.  I just bought a new mattress for like a $1000 there and I'm saving up for a new TV when they have that Christmas sale they had this past year again. 
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Romeoo47 wrote:

Do you know what your scores were when you applied for the card?  I have absolutely no clue what current score from Experian.  I know I have a 30 day late from 2004 on that report (my only baddie).  My UTIL is about 8% but I have a high UTIL on one card that has the 0% rate.  I'm just trying to get an idea of what my EXP score is roughly. 

BTW, I guess I feel better about the $2000CL.  It looks like a good card, especially since I dine out a lot. 

I don't know, but I guess it was somewhere in the 730 range, maybe somewhat higher. I don't think these credit limits are purely score based. I could think of three factors that determine the limit: 

1. It was only my second credit card.

2. My income isn't exactly high.

3. I didn't really have any Costco buying history.

That's all I have.

Message 23 of 36
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

I figure my score is somewhere around 730s too.  I do have a good income but I don't shop a lot at Costco though.  Hmmm good to know.  Thanks for your help and encouragement though!
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome. And good luck with your card! I think this is one of the best Amex cards for those people who are not huge spenders or don't travel constantly.
Message Edited by Ulan on 04-23-2009 01:08 PM
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied a few weeks ago after I received the pre-approved form in the mail. My FICOs are EQ 755, TU 750. House is paid for. I have 3 Visa Signature cards with 20K, 14.5K and 11.5K soft limits. Always PIF. Some months utilization approaches 25% percent max. AMEX denied me!!!. Really love to shop at Costco and like the rewards on the AMEX card. Can't really fathom why they denied me. 
Message Edited by Habakuk on 04-23-2009 03:11 PM
Message 26 of 36
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Do you know what is on your Experian report?  Any baddies?  How many credit inquiries?  What was your reported income?  How long is your average age of history? 
Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX FAKO 730ish a couple of month ago. no baddies. 3 Inq's (well 4 with AMEX. BTW They pulled all 3 bureaus) reported Household is 150K, average age 13 years.
Message 28 of 36
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Yeah that same weird to me.  Have you tried a recon?
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private or business card? And are you self-employed?

I just ask because Amex seems not to like small business owners anymore.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.