Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get Costco AMEX TrueEarnings card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to get Costco AMEX TrueEarnings card

private card. i'm both employed and self-employed. I'm looking for the rejection letter to see what it said excactly. what i think i remember is that i have high outstanding balances. Also none of my Visa Signature cards report the actual CL to all 3 CRAs. Only high balances. These reported balances don't even make up half of what the actual CLs are. I don't really feel like recon. Sort of makes me feel like begging and I really don't need the card. I already get my executive member discount at costco.
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for seamiles and was denied with no credit history Smiley Sad
Message 32 of 36
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Are you sure they pulled all 3 because it has been 3 days and the only inquiry that has showed up was from EXP? 
Message 33 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Habakuk wrote:
private card. i'm both employed and self-employed. I'm looking for the rejection letter to see what it said excactly. what i think i remember is that i have high outstanding balances. Also none of my Visa Signature cards report the actual CL to all 3 CRAs. Only high balances. These reported balances don't even make up half of what the actual CLs are. I don't really feel like recon. Sort of makes me feel like begging and I really don't need the card. I already get my executive member discount at costco.

The curse of the Signature cards! Whoever looked at your app didn't realize, so your util calculated out as being too high, since they didn't know your actual CL's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Romeoo47 wrote:
Are you sure they pulled all 3 because it has been 3 days and the only inquiry that has showed up was from EXP? 

I still think that usuallyAmEx just pulls EX, and only if there is something fishy there, or credit history is very skimpy, do they go on and pull the others.

Anything is possible these days, of course.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked my TU and EQ reports. AMEX shows Hard Pull on both. I have a printed copy of my annualcreditreport freebie from EX and it is on there also.

Also Amex soft pulls me at least quarterly for the last 2 years, both TU and EQ. As far as I remember I have never had an AMEX card. I don't have a mortgage presently and have never made car payments. But CC history goes back to 91. Lived in Europe before that. Cards are citi AAdvantage Visa signature., UA Chase Visa signature, and a BofA AAA Visa signature. combined available credit is about 45K. Maybe I have to recon just for the heck. If I can't get credit from them with EQ Fico 755 I wonder who can.

Message Edited by Habakuk on 04-24-2009 03:32 PM
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.