Valued Member

Want to get Costco AMEX TrueEarnings card

Anyone with experience with that card pl help. My scores are TU-662 EX-672 EQ-635. They will get a big bump because i am paying off 96% off my current cap1 credit card. Also I have a car loan starting this month. After 6 months or so, will be good to apply for this card. I will keep the util in cc below 5% and also pay off 50% of car loan in 6 months. Advices appreciated.
Established Contributor

Re: Want to get Costco AMEX TrueEarnings card

Jay,

I think AMEX almost exclusively pulls Experian.  You may want to try whogavemecredit.com for what they pulled for others.  I can tell you that at the time I applied was 6 months ago and I had an EX score of 700.  I don't know what their cutoff is but I have heard of people with 680's getting the card.  I think once you pay off the credit card debt there shouldn't be much problem score wise.  However AMEX is a crazy beast and you never know what they are going to do.

However I do love the card and they haven't taken any action against me yet.

Valued Member

When I apply my AE Costco DEC 2008 . My EX 695 and I apply in store and take 2 days to approve.

Good luckSmiley Happy

Valued Member

Thanks guys. I will wait for 6 months or so and will be well above 700 and apply.. Thanks
Valued Member

Does applying in the store make a big difference?

[ Edited ]

Donks3369 wrote:

Jay,

I think AMEX almost exclusively pulls Experian.  You may want to try whogavemecredit.com for what they pulled for others.  I can tell you that at the time I applied was 6 months ago and I had an EX score of 700.  I don't know what their cutoff is but I have heard of people with 680's getting the card.  I think once you pay off the credit card debt there shouldn't be much problem score wise.  However AMEX is a crazy beast and you never know what they are going to do.

However I do love the card and they haven't taken any action against me yet.

In my experience in 2007 they did pull all three credits, or

at least including Transunion..

Message Edited by kulin on 03-19-2009 03:17 PM
EQ: 672 (Dec 3 /08) 706 (March 4 /09) 692 (Mar 14)
Established Contributor

Kulin,

Ouch, they pulled all 3?  That really sucks.

Jay,

I don't think it matters whether you do it online or in the store, they will both be processed the same.

Super Contributor

Actually, if you apply in store they take your picture and if your card is approved, they will put the picture on the back of the card and send it you. If you apply online and approved, you still have to goto store and have them take you rpicture and then put it on the back of the card and mail it to you. So if possible applying in the store can be better, but I am not sure if it would have any bearing on the approval process. As per Costco card approval, besides your score, your purchases with Costco store also  would weigh heavily on the approval.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

As I understand it, this is one of the toughest AmEx cards to get, and as concorduser said, it really helps to have a shopping history with Costco.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor

Concorduser,

Actually, if you apply online and are approved, they will just use the picture that is on your Cosco membership card.  There is no need to go back into the store just to get your picture taken.

But I agree with others that they also look at your Costco purchases, so watch out for that.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.