cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get another card... what do you suggest?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to get another card... what do you suggest?

HI,

Currently I have the following.

Amazon Storecard

JC Penny Storecard

Bank of America - Visa - Rewards

Salliemae Barclays Mastercard

Capital One Mastercard

Discover IT 

Chase Freedom

My current credit rating is 771.

I just got the Chase Freedom 2 weeks ago.  I like it so far and it is the card with the highest CL ($20k).

I don't have any travel cards (don't really need at the moment).  My daily card is the Barclays card.

Any suggestions?  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to get another card... what do you suggest?

Why is the sallie Mae your daily card?

what do you spend money on?

what about a quicksilver 1.5% cash back or double cash? 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Salliemae Barclays have 5% upto $250 on food and gas.  So I use this quite often as day to day.

What is the double cash?

Message 3 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

Why not wait until Discover double bonus is done and combine that with the 5% catagories of Freedom.

I really don't think another card will get a big bang for your buck unless you want travel.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the double cash?

Citi's Double Cash card

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

log on to your capital one account, and under accounts choose modify your features. see if you can change to a quicksilver (not a quicksilver One).

How about an amex credit and an amex charge card? Their blue cash and everyday (preferred or not depending on spend) may be nice to use when you have maxed your salliemae....

I am curious how you dont have any other accounts with chase and yet they gave you a 20k limit? That is pretty darn awesome!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 10
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

I love my Quicksilver

Message 7 of 10
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

@Jfriend33 "log on to your capital one account, and under accounts choose modify your features.". I was not aware of this. Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I would definitely see about PC'ing the Capital One account to a QuickSilver if it isn't one already.  If you don't have any luck using the 'Modify Your Features' while logged into your account, just give them a call and ask for it to be changed over.  I'm very happy with my QuickSilver, and converting the card you already have wouldn't require the infamous 'triple pull' a new Capital One account would invoke nor would it impact your AAoA.

Just my 2¢

Message 9 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Do you just want another card just because? Or is there a need?

IMO. You should just upgrade your capital one to a Quicksilver. Then you'll have a general spend card and you have plenty of category cards. I see no reason to add anything especially with not wanting travel. Too many cash back cards will just cause a diminishing returns point, with a dollar or two in rewards spread across many cards.

Point is you shouldn't get a new card just for the sake of it. I think your lineup is fine.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.