Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get new personal card!

tag
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Want to get new personal card!

Hello! I cleaned up my credit report and was able to get a macys card! I also have a formerly public savings bank secured card now capone! I also was approved for a business cc! but I would like to get a personal unsecured card! I'm currently waiting on Barclay nfl  card decision. What do you guys recommend for applying for to get back in the unsecured side of cc! Myfico  EX is 652! and CK score is 702! if that helps thanks.

or.....

I was wondering if I should wait a while to apply for more cards later, My utilization is high on very low balances for the two cards mentioned above! totaling only $500 together.  Will balance transfer help with approved for  visa, mc, etc?

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Want to get new personal card!

@johnstics wrote:

Hello! I cleaned up my credit report and was able to get a macys card! I also have a formerly public savings bank secured card now capone! I also was approved for a business cc! but I would like to get a personal unsecured card! I'm currently waiting on Barclay nfl  card decision. What do you guys recommend for applying for to get back in the unsecured side of cc! Myfico  EX is 652! and CK score is 702! if that helps thanks.

or.....

I was wondering if I should wait a while to apply for more cards later, My utilization is high on very low balances for the two cards mentioned above! totaling only $500 together.  Will balance transfer help with approved for  visa, mc, etc?

Welcome to the forum 

We will need more info to better help you 

AAoA?

INQ's in the last year?

Scores other than CK if you have? (fico)

Baddies?

All the cards you have and what are you looking for in a card.....cash back, travel etc etc etc 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 23
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Thanks my journey!  Glad to be a part of the community.  I'm only signed up with myfico score watch at this time.  aaoa is 6 years!  Only baddies is 60 day late (student loan) One charge of closed expected to fall of 2015!  4 inqs on trans and equifax experian not sure!  but i applied for three cards already.  no other credit apps since 2012.  only macys and  mortgage but i didn't continue for the home loan cause I want to get my score in the 700's first.  I like the cash back reward cards but it really doesn't matter, I  just want to keep building a positive profile as of now.! But any recommendations will be considered!

Cards I  currently have are Macys $200, Public Savings Bank Secured(CapOne) $300 and Capital One Spark Classic(Business) $1000. Barclay Nfl app still under review.

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Message 3 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@johnstics wrote:

Thanks my journey!  Glad to be a part of the community.  I'm only signed up with myfico score watch at this time.  aaoa is 6 years!  Only baddies is 60 day late (student loan) One charge of closed expected to fall of 2015!  4 inqs on trans and equifax experian not sure!  but i applied for three cards already.  no other credit apps since 2012.  only macys and  mortgage but i didn't continue for the home loan cause I want to get my score in the 700's first.  I like the cash back reward cards but it really doesn't matter, I  just want to keep building a positive profile as of now.! But any recommendations will be considered!

List all the cards and limits you have now so I can see what fits or is missing in your profile?

Thanks 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 23
Mrjstics
Valued Member

! might just lounge in the garden for a while if my last app is denied.  Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@johnstics wrote:

! might just lounge in the garden for a while if my last app is denied.  Any thoughts?

Gardening at any point is always a good idea especially after denials,recons start to happen 

I would in your case hit the garden and see what the out come of Barclay is and relax for the next 6 months to build my scores, age any new account and INQ's

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@johnstics wrote:

or.....

You MAY want to try for a store card, but I'd really only recommend that you try the shopping cart trick, as those won't incur any more INQ.  With 4 INQ on TU, I probably would wait before trying any GE backed store cards. 

The best thing you could probably do with your current TLs is to bring UTIL down.  I'd suggest only PIF for Macy's and don't let too much of a balance post on the Cap One.   I think given a limited amount of CC history, you probably won't get the best offers without some gardening.   Hopefully, Barclays will come through for you, though!  We'll keep our fingers crossed. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 23
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Thanks for the great advice it all sounds great!  I'm very sure I dont want to waste any more hard pulls and inqs.  I'm happy just to see the progress I'm making thus far.  And fingers crossed on the barclays!

What is the shopping cart trick?  I need to read around the forum about this.

Message 8 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@johnstics wrote:

What is the shopping cart trick?  I need to read around the forum about this.

You can search for lots of detail and merchants where it works.  The Reader's Digest Version:  for some online merchants, you can go to their site and add an item to the shopping cart.  You go to checkout and, shortly after entering in your address (exactly as it appears on your CRs), you may get a pre-approved offer for the store's card.  If you take the offer, the card will be sent to you.  You don't even have to purchase the item in your cart. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 23
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Thanks sunrise I will check it out!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.