cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to go on first app spree and need your advice!

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Want to go on first app spree and need your advice! *UPDATE*

@WJL wrote:

*UPDATE*
Thanks to all of you, I went 3/3 on my first spree on Saturday!

1. PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature: $16,500
  2. Discover it: $9,500
  3. AMEX BCE: Have to call later today to find out the limit b/c their New Accounts dept is not open during the weekend.

I now have 2 INQs on my EX and my score went down from 796 > 788. I expect another INQ to be posted and my score will go down a little more.

I am wondering if I should apply for a few more (some combination of Chase Freedom, Chase Sapphire, Citi Thank You Preferred, Citi Simplicity) or to hit the garden until the INQs drop and apply for more. My dilemma of whether to pull the triiger is that I am looking to sell my car and get a lease and/or possibly look to buy a house in the next year or two. What would put me in a better position to get the best possible rates for the car lease and/or mortgage? I also wonder if I'll get less favorable CC offers if I stop my spree now and come back to do it again b/c then my AAoA will be lower, but my credit utilization will be much lower. Hm, what to do?

Congrats I knew you could do it...

IMHO you could have gotten in with Chase as well.....Only 1 card tho of your choice 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 19
WJL
New Contributor

@myjourney

Your comment gave me the extra kick and I went for it. $9,000 instant approval! Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Want to go on first app spree and need your advice!

Message 13 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@WJL wrote:

@myjourney

Your comment gave me the extra kick and I went for it. $9,000 instant approval! Thank you! Smiley Happy

Congrats

What card did you get? Saw it in your sig Freedom 9K

Lol I knew you had one more left 

Now follow my next advice one more time Smiley Surprised

check into the garden thread right now to raise those seedlig nice and strong

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 19
WJL
New Contributor

Haha thanks - it was Chase Freedom. I see the main Garden Club Meeting thread - are there other ones that are good to learn from for first-time gardeners like myself?

Message 15 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

WJL wrote:

Haha thanks - it was Chase Freedom. I see the main Garden Club Meeting thread - are there other ones that are good to learn from for first-time gardeners like myself?

A full family of knowledgeable gardeners to help 1st timers trust me Lol

Join them 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 16 of 19
WJL
New Contributor

I have a little business leftover before I officially shut down this spree and hit the garden.

1: I got a CLI for my generic BofA card ($2,500 > $6,500) and then converted it into the BofA Cash Rewards card. I was hoping to get a higher CLI especially with the fact that I've had this card for 12 years. Had it before it was even BofA (anyone remember MBNA?). Is it possible to ask them to recon a CLI? Was hoping to get close to $10K.

2: I requested a CLI for my barclaycard financing visa card which is currently at $2,500. I requested $10K and it is in pending status. They said a decision will be made in the next 48 hours. Hoping for the best.

3: I plan to write to Cap1's CEO to consider a CLI for my Orchard Bank turned Cap1 card. Again, similar theme, I had this card for 7 years and it only has a $1K limit so hopefully I will get a high limit through this attempt.

After these 3 items, I am gardening for an already-committed 2 years.

Does anybody know if it's possible to ask for a recon for the CLI that I was already given?

Message 17 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@WJL wrote:

I have a little business leftover before I officially shut down this spree and hit the garden.

1: I got a CLI for my generic BofA card ($2,500 > $6,500) and then converted it into the BofA Cash Rewards card. I was hoping to get a higher CLI especially with the fact that I've had this card for 12 years. Had it before it was even BofA (anyone remember MBNA?). Is it possible to ask them to recon a CLI? Was hoping to get close to $10K. Yes but it will be another HP and you may get it may notSmiley Sad

2: I requested a CLI for my barclaycard financing visa card which is currently at $2,500. I requested $10K and it is in pending status. They said a decision will be made in the next 48 hours. Hoping for the best. HP good luck

3: I plan to write to Cap1's CEO to consider a CLI for my Orchard Bank turned Cap1 card. Again, similar theme, I had this card for 7 years and it only has a $1K limit so hopefully I will get a high limit through this attempt. This someone tried yesterday and was told it was to early bummer because if anyone was due she was YMMV

So since you have made all the moves and will be HP already lol

check into the garden they are waiting on you I reserved you a spot....Smiley LOL

After these 3 items, I am gardening for an already-committed 2 years.

Does anybody know if it's possible to ask for a recon for the CLI that I was already given?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 19
WJL
New Contributor

@myjourney

Thanks, I decided to leave BofA as is b/c I don't want to use another HP when I almost got 3x CLI anyhow. For the barclaycard, I got a 2x CLI which I'm content with since I'm only going to use this card to buy Apple products when they have the no interest promos. I plan to send the email to CapOne and hope for the best. My first app spree is officially done - time to garden! Thanks again for continuing to reply with your insights. This forum truly rocks.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.