cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
update 8/27 - I checked online and was approved, made the call and found my credit limit of 2k. I am supposed to get a follow up phone call tomorrow, so I will see if that really happens.

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 32
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Update - There is more to the story but I wont bore everyone with the details. Today 8/29 I get a call from someone in the American Express Executive office and the head of new accounts. They both said they looked into my issue with a fine tooth comb and apologized for all that I have been through. They have read every note, listened to every call, researched every claim I had and came up with the following to "make it right"
1. An additional $50 statement credit on my account (in addition to the $50 they already gave me a few days ago)
2. They will remove 4 out of the 6 Hard inquires they have put on my credit report.

As for the issue with pulling EX. The head of new accounts explained that those reps started off using the incorrect format for my Pin from EX. In doing so they "clogged" up their system (with respects to my individual application) with multiple different pins in different formats, and it required someone to go into my account and manually remove them before they could proceed again.

I guess I was too chicken to ask anything else. ( a CLI maybe? LOL) so I thanked them for their personal call and for taking the time to research everything properly. For most of the call I was just in shock.
Message 12 of 32
W0MACK
Valued Member

That is really great news, especially the hard inquiry removals (generous)  It is always good to see them making it right with a customer. In my experience with Amex they usually "come through" on requests/issues. 

Current Scores:
EX: 675 12/2014
EQ: 698 01/2015
TU: 714 07/2014
Last App: 05/27/2014
Goal : 750 Across the Board
Message 13 of 32
GOldfishes
Contributor

I would have asked for like 100k MR points and removal of ALL HPs! Smiley Wink

6 HPs! That can really screw you up especially if you're not into this game and think it is actually the end of the world. 

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 14 of 32
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I was thinking exactly that, MR points! Then I realized none of my cards earned MR points, just cash back and Delta miles. (Did i mention I was too chicken to ask for anything LOL) I honestly was just in awe during the entire conversation.
Message 15 of 32
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
I was thinking exactly that, MR points! Then I realized none of my cards earned MR points, just cash back and Delta miles. (Did i mention I was too chicken to ask for anything LOL) I honestly was just in awe during the entire conversation.

Very glad everything worked out and Amex took care of you in the end.  Your persistence paid off!  Glad they explained and owned up to their errors, though it was understandably a huge headache for you to deal with.

Message 16 of 32
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Wow, never heard of this before,but glad they got it fixed for you, and removing all those pulls.....I am surprised they owned up to their error,,that says a lot to me...I have learned from you that  I need to develop more patience and persistence..

Congrats!!!!

P.S. I read the whole thing twice what a nightmare....

Message 17 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
Update - There is more to the story but I wont bore everyone with the details. Today 8/29 I get a call from someone in the American Express Executive office and the head of new accounts. They both said they looked into my issue with a fine tooth comb and apologized for all that I have been through. They have read every note, listened to every call, researched every claim I had and came up with the following to "make it right"
1. An additional $50 statement credit on my account (in addition to the $50 they already gave me a few days ago)
2. They will remove 4 out of the 6 Hard inquires they have put on my credit report.

As for the issue with pulling EX. The head of new accounts explained that those reps started off using the incorrect format for my Pin from EX. In doing so they "clogged" up their system (with respects to my individual application) with multiple different pins in different formats, and it required someone to go into my account and manually remove them before they could proceed again.

I guess I was too chicken to ask anything else. ( a CLI maybe? LOL) so I thanked them for their personal call and for taking the time to research everything properly. For most of the call I was just in shock.

So happy it worked out for you .........my congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 32
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Last update - Went i sent my complaint, I sent it through the secure message system and I emailed to the CEO at the same time. The call I got yesterday from the EO I thought was going to the the only response I got. Today I got a message in my secure mailbox on Americanexpress.com. The manager on there apologized for my issues and issued another $100 statement credit.

Now I am getting worried that I look greedy or something if someone reviews my statement.......
Message 19 of 32
JonStur
Established Contributor

Don't feel bad, this is what good customer service is about. You said you wanted someone to be held accountable, it seems like they are doing their best to make amends...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.