Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,066
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

I was so hoping this ordeal was done with. NOPE!

 

I got my card in the mail today and promptly active it. On my account I expected two statement credits of $50 each, one from customer care, the second from the EO. The one from customer care wasn't there. I had to spend over an hour on the phones (yes phones, because I called a different department while the first one had me on hold) and the supervisor finally honored the credit (after two different reps wouldn't) but not before she lectured me about how AMEX doesnt ever give goodwill credits, how damaging it is to have her reps not  be on the phone with other cardmembers, and how there isn't any notes about a credit (even though she can see that the rep was trying to credit me, she made no mentions of it in her notes) 

 

I'm at a loss for words right now. 


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Member
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎08-19-2013
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

Wait, so now there's a total of 3 credits to the account?
Two separate credits of $50 and one credit of $100?


Current Scores:
EX: 675 12/2014
EQ: 698 01/2015
TU: 714 07/2014
Last App: 05/27/2014
Goal : 750 Across the Board
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,066
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

[ Edited ]

W0MACK wrote:
Wait, so now there's a total of 3 credits to the account?
Two separate credits of $50 and one credit of $100?

Yeah, one of those $50 is to make up for a promo error on their end


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,066
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!


2. They will remove 4 out of the 6 Hard inquires they have put on my credit report.


I know this is a unique question but how long do you guys think I should give them to do this before I follow up? It's been about 2 weeks and no change in the INQs, I also wonder which 4 of the 6 they will recode,
EX:2, EQ:1, TU:3

 


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,287
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!


ryanbush wrote:

My main problem is you applied for another AMEX card after you barely got approved for the first one....  you hsould have used your Delta AMEX for 6 months or so before you app'd for the second one.

 

the only way it is beneficial to app for two on the same day is if the first is an instant approval and you're looking to get two cards with one HP.


+1

 

if anyone besides Cap One tripple pulls you and you end up with a card, don't rock the boat head to the garden for 6 months, after that you should be good to go for a second card, and with AMEX waiting till after january is a good thing it would give you 7 months of age on your new card, current card date would be 9/13,  card AP'd and recieved in January would of got you a trade line dated 2/2013 have to love backdating goodness.

 

 

 

 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 10k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,066
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!


jamesdwi wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

My main problem is you applied for another AMEX card after you barely got approved for the first one....  you hsould have used your Delta AMEX for 6 months or so before you app'd for the second one.

 

the only way it is beneficial to app for two on the same day is if the first is an instant approval and you're looking to get two cards with one HP.


+1

 

if anyone besides Cap One tripple pulls you and you end up with a card, don't rock the boat head to the garden for 6 months, after that you should be good to go for a second card, and with AMEX waiting till after january is a good thing it would give you 7 months of age on your new card, current card date would be 9/13,  card AP'd and recieved in January would of got you a trade line dated 2/2013 have to love backdating goodness.

 

 

 

 


Smiley Indifferent.............. they quad pulled me the first time, and I got them both backdated to 2012, they have owned up to their mistake and is recoding 4/6 hard pulls, I was just wanting to know how long everyone things i should give them to complete it.


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Established Contributor
Posts: 527
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

Honestly, I think you jumped the gun a little here.

 

It's called a "statement credit" for a reason.  I would not have called or bothered them about it until the first statement cut.

 

I feel 99.999% certain you would have received all the promised credits if you had simply been patient.

 

I also would have asked at the time the each of the credits was offered, "Thank you, could you tell me when should I expect to see that credit appear?"  It's possible that credits initiated from the EO go through a different process than those from a CSR, and the only way to set your expectations accurately is to ask the person creating the credit request.

 

It seems like perhaps you are entering every interaction with them with an expectation of poor customer service.  And then confirmation bias leads you to find it everywhere you look.  But with all of the multiple responses you have had from multiple levels of the organization, it seems they have been doing their best to make it right and give you good service.

 

So maybe the best thing you can do right now is relax, have a mojito, and wait for that first statement to cut.

 

And expect the best: expect that they will honor the agreements they have made. Give them a chance to impress you, and give your mind a break from worrying about it.  Smiley Happy  

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12)
Current: EQ 687 (CCT 9/2/15), EX 708 (CCT 9/2/15) , TU 703 (CCT 9/2/15) Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Amex Zync NPSL (> 10k), C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Amex SPG $4.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 394
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!


TheConductor wrote:

Honestly, I think you jumped the gun a little here.

 

It's called a "statement credit" for a reason.  I would not have called or bothered them about it until the first statement cut.

 

I feel 99.999% certain you would have received all the promised credits if you had simply been patient.

 

I also would have asked at the time the each of the credits was offered, "Thank you, could you tell me when should I expect to see that credit appear?"  It's possible that credits initiated from the EO go through a different process than those from a CSR, and the only way to set your expectations accurately is to ask the person creating the credit request.

 

It seems like perhaps you are entering every interaction with them with an expectation of poor customer service.  And then confirmation bias leads you to find it everywhere you look.  But with all of the multiple responses you have had from multiple levels of the organization, it seems they have been doing their best to make it right and give you good service.

 

So maybe the best thing you can do right now is relax, have a mojito, and wait for that first statement to cut.

 

And expect the best: expect that they will honor the agreements they have made. Give them a chance to impress you, and give your mind a break from worrying about it.  Smiley Happy  


I think OP is concerned about when Amex will delete the additional inquiries they promised to delete, not when he will get the statement credits.

Established Contributor
Posts: 527
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

For deleting the pulls, I would allow at least 60 days.

 

That is how long BoA took when I asked them to correct a stolen card replacement that they incorrectly reported as a new account while reporting the old one as closed.

 

Rule of thumb: up to 30 days for the creditor to do their thing, and up to 30 days more for that action to actually appear on your report.

 

Call it 63 days, to allow for 31-day months.

 

The great irony is that any negative information is dispatched to your report at lightning speed, but positive corrections are always slow.  I suspect this is probably part of the CRAs' pricing arrangement with those who report to them.  There is probably some financial incentive to make timely reports of negative activity but "batch" positive updates.  And the positive batches are probably carefully scheduled on different days so that they have a consistent data flow level from one day to the next, instead of sudden unpredictable surges.

 

But I digress.  63 days, then release the hounds.  Smiley Wink

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12)
Current: EQ 687 (CCT 9/2/15), EX 708 (CCT 9/2/15) , TU 703 (CCT 9/2/15) Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Amex Zync NPSL (> 10k), C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Amex SPG $4.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k
New Contributor
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎05-28-2013
0

Re: Want to pull out my hair, why does AMEX make it so difficult!

Be happy,at least you have hair to pull out when things going tough

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.