Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted the Chase Hyatt, but pre-approved for CSP and Chase Slate

tag
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Wanted the Chase Hyatt, but pre-approved for CSP and Chase Slate

Hi, I am pre-approved for the CSP and Chase Slate on their pre-approval website. However, I want to apply for the CHASE HYATT card. Do you think I would get an approval for the Chase Hyatt with these scores ? 

Any people with experience, please jump in. Thank you so much in advance.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wanted the Chase Hyatt, but pre-approved for CSP and Chase Slate

@Chaselover wrote:

Hi, I am pre-approved for the CSP and Chase Slate on their pre-approval website. However, I want to apply for the CHASE HYATT card. Do you think I would get an approval for the Chase Hyatt with these scores ? 

If you're preapproved for the CSP then you're good to go for the Chase Hyatt. U/W is same.

Message 2 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, it appears you have two active threads going... are you considering or intending on going for both Hyatt and Marriott?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-50k-Bonus-of-Chase-Marriott-Ultimate-Rewards-or-Mar...

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

OP, it appears you have two active threads going... are you considering or intending on going for both Hyatt and Marriott?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-50k-Bonus-of-Chase-Marriott-Ultimate-Rewards-or-Mar...

They love Chase so much, why not spread the love over two threads? Smiley Happy

In any case. My statement up above still remains true. I've been instapproved for 3 of the "15.xx%" cards. U/W is the same. -- In fact the U/W may actually be more strict on the Freedom Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 34
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

If you're preapproved for the CSP then you're good to go for the Chase Hyatt. U/W is same.

Thank u so much for your input. Does U/W mean Underwriter? Sorry for my less knowledge.

I think I will be applying at the 6 month mark. 

Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chaselover wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

Thank u so much for your input. Does U/W mean Underwriter? Sorry for my less knowledge.

I think I will be applying at the 6 month mark. 

Underwriting.

Message 6 of 34
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Answer is yes/no. I am deciding on which one to go with. I need to add one good hotel card to my collection and I am confused on which one to go with. I think Il b going with the Hyatt coz of the 2 nights compared to the 1 night of Marriott. 

Anyway thanks for noticing. 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chaselover wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Answer is yes/no. I am deciding on which one to go with. I need to add one good hotel card to my collection and I am confused on which one to go with. I think Il b going with the Hyatt coz of the 2 nights compared to the 1 night of Marriott. 

Anyway thanks for noticing. 

Marriott gives one free night + the 70,000 pts if you follow the link I posted in the other thread.

Message 8 of 34
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Chaselover wrote:

Possibly but preapprovals never guarantee approvals in the first place.  Don't fixate so much on preapprovals.  Apply for the cards you need/want and don't heistate just because you didn't receive preapprovals for your desired cards.

Message 9 of 34
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-50k-Bonus-of-Chase-Marriott-Ultimate-Rewards-or-Marriott/td-p/3642451

They love Chase so much, why not spread the love over two threads? Smiley Happy

In any case. My statement up above still remains true. I've been instapproved for 3 of the "15.xx%" cards. U/W is the same. -- In fact the U/W may actually be more strict on the Freedom Smiley Indifferent

I agree with everything stated regarding UW. Smiley Happy  Most of the Chase travel cards have the same UW requirements from what I can tell from these forums.  However, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Freedom has more strict UW. lol.  Chase Freedom is basically their starter card.  Limits as low as $500 are offered and it's typically one of the cards I recommend to individuals just starting out with limited history.

As another poster stated... pre-approvals are not 100% but they are a very good indication of approval chances.  By being pre-approved for one of their travel cards (in this case the CSP), you will likely have a very good chance at approval for any of the travel cards.  

Hope this helps you Smiley Happy

Edited:  grammar

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.