Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting a Best Buy card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanting a Best Buy card

Sorry if not the right place to post this.  I have been out of BK (Chap 13) for about a year now (I was successfully discharged in July 2014), and it is currently the only thing on my CR.  My current scores are 719 (Equifax), 706 (TU), and 712 (Exp).  I have a couple of credit cards (both Cap One, 1st has a $4K limit (recently upgraded from $3), and the other has a $2K limit).  I also have an auto loan (7% APR) on my report, no other derogatories on the report.  My question is, does anyone have any recent experience with getting approved for a Best Buy card?  I want to take advantage of interest free financing for new 4K audio system (which is why I just don't use my Cap One cards).  Plus I try to keep the Cap Ones utilization below 3% each month.  Any help would be awesome.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wanting a Best Buy card

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry if not the right place to post this.  I have been out of BK (Chap 13) for about a year now (I was successfully discharged in July 2014), and it is currently the only thing on my CR.  My current scores are 719 (Equifax), 706 (TU), and 712 (Exp).  I have a couple of credit cards (both Cap One, 1st has a $4K limit (recently upgraded from $3), and the other has a $2K limit).  I also have an auto loan (7% APR) on my report, no other derogatories on the report.  My question is, does anyone have any recent experience with getting approved for a Best Buy card?  I want to take advantage of interest free financing for new 4K audio system (which is why I just don't use my Cap One cards).  Plus I try to keep the Cap Ones utilization below 3% each month.  Any help would be awesome.  Thanks!

I don't have the card but are you referring to the store card or the MasterCard version?

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The scores are for sure good enough just don't know about how recent the BK is but the Best Buy card is one of the easier cards to get especially by citi.

My friend received $1k in store instantly with maybe 620-640 score and quite a few past baddies.

Message 3 of 6
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I got my Best Buy store credit card in December with a $2000 credit limit. My chapter 7 bankruptcy was discharged February 2012. I bought an iPad and a MacBook for Christmas with 0%APR. When the card arrived, a letter arrived saying I was not approved for the Best Buy MasterCard due to my bankruptcy. To be honest I just wanted the card for the no interest promotion. 

I was was able to get credit cards with a decent rate within one year after my bk discharge. Now that I have a new car loan and enough credit, I'm hoping to stay in the garden until February 2017, when I will try for prime bank cards, like Citi and Chase.

i would wait to apply for a Best Buy card until all your trade lines have at least one solid year of reporting! That's just my opinion....

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Irish80, for some reason didn't get the replies.  Am wanting the store card.  Thanks for the replies everyone.

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry Irish80, for some reason didn't get the replies.  Am wanting the store card.  Thanks for the replies everyone.

doesn't really matter as they will give you whichever one you qualify and both qualify for the 0% stuff.

I just think unlike in the past where the MC was the lower tier card now the store card is lower tiered card... it's weird.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.