Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to apply for AMEX

tag
mato01
Regular Contributor

Wanting to apply for AMEX

My EX score as of today is 673. I hope to apply for a AMEX card in the near future. Had a card way back in 2000. The problem is that I have 3 PR from 2010, that had not been reporting that showed up on my credit report in Dec/Jan. Should I just wait until those fall off in 2017? Or, are there any AMEX cards that I might qualify for, etc. DELTA, etc.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Wanting to apply for AMEX

@mato01 wrote:

My EX score as of today is 673. I hope to apply for a AMEX card in the near future. Had a card way back in 2000. The problem is that I have 3 PR from 2010, that had not been reporting that showed up on my credit report in Dec/Jan. Should I just wait until those fall off in 2017? Or, are there any AMEX cards that I might qualify for, etc. DELTA, etc.

Why did those all the sudden just pop up?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, why did they popped up now and you should be able to fight those.
Message 3 of 10
mato01
Regular Contributor

I was too surprised. They were filed in 2008, and 2009. And, they were both paid in 2010. Never on my credit report, then all of sudden within days of each other they show up on my credit report. So, it took 5 years for them to report.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid already?
Message 5 of 10
mato01
Regular Contributor

Yes they where both judgments were paid in 2010.

Message 6 of 10
mato01
Regular Contributor

Decided to go ahead and apply for the Delta Skymiles card, since I saw on this site, that it was one of the easier cards to get a approval.

APPROVED $5000.

Also, approved today for NFCU today for $10,000.

I'm done. Doubled by current credit limits today.

Message 7 of 10
squirrely2005
Contributor

Awesome. Congrats.

Message 8 of 10
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@mato01 wrote:

AMEX won't approve you with those severe derogs. At least not for their Blue Everyday or Everyday ones. PR is worst than a unpaid/paid collection and/or lates. I would wait for them to fall off before applying, don't waste an inquiry.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 9 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@mato01 wrote:

AMEX won't approve you with those severe derogs. At least not for their Blue Everyday or Everyday ones. PR is worst than a unpaid/paid collection and/or lates. I would wait for them to fall off before applying, don't waste an inquiry.

I don't think you read all the post, he said he got approve a few threads up. Smiley Surprised

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.