cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Denied On Amazon Visa W/ 800 Credit Score Due To A Bad Account 7+ Years Ago

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Warning: Denied On Amazon Visa W/ 800 Credit Score Due To A Bad Account 7+ Years Ago

Well was I in for a rude awakening!  I had settled my amazon.com credit card roughly 8 years ago.  I rebuilt my credit, got a score over 800, no lates, high income, no negative marks, and I got denied.  I called the backdoor number and they stated it's because I used to my past with them they will not re-issue me one.  Well this stinks.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Also serve this as warning, if you had a card in the past with them not in good standing you will get denied.

Edit:

I asked to speak to a supervisor.  She looked at my credit re-establishment history and factored that in as well instead of just looking at my credit score.  For some reason Discover was showing a $500 limit when I raised it to $5000 earlier.  Probably didn't report in yet.  Either way, after politely speaking to Nancy she approved it for $1000.  In 6 months or so I will ask for a CLi.  

Thanks for everyone's help!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Warning: Denied On Amazon Visa W/ 800 Credit Score Due To A Bad Account 7+ Years Ago

Sounds like your blacklisted.

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Maybe you could try for the CHASE Amazon Visa.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 11
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Warning: Denied On Amazon Visa W/ 800 Credit Score Due To A Bad Account 7+ Years Ago

Just seen the EDIT.

CONGRATS!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Sometimes all it takes is to talk to a live person. Computers are only smart when you tell it to do something LOL!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

Citi Forward is a better card for Amazon you should try for that =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your support and contribution to the forums!

Message 6 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I'm glad they were willing to work with you!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your recon approval!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the recon, that's great!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.