Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning for funding DCU with a Credit Card

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Warning for funding DCU with a Credit Card

I funded my DCU Savings and Checking account with my First National Bank Credit Card for $15 and was charged $15 Cash Advance Fee by FNBO.  I learned my lesson and used our checking account to fund my partners account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Warning for funding DCU with a Credit Card

@Creditaddict wrote:

I funded my DCU Savings and Checking account with my First National Bank Credit Card for $15 and was charged $15 Cash Advance Fee by FNBO.  I learned my lesson and used our checking account to fund my partners account.

Wow, that stinks D: I know when I funded mine I asked both DCU and Chase if using my credit card would result in a cash advance fee, or if it would be coded as a purchase. They both answered as a purchase.

A years difference could've changed it, or FNBO may be smart and recognize the transaction as such.

Message 2 of 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I did chase as well at the end of 2013 and it was treated as a purchase. 

Message 3 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I funded a US Bank checking acct with a Citi card not too long ago and it was coded cash advance.
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I tried to call FNBO and she acted like I was STUPID... Cut my losses on that one and my account is already closed with them anyway, was just hoping I might sweet talk a 1 time courtesy waive but I'm not sweet talking anyone that is talking to me stupid.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.