LOL!

Make More, Spend Less
Message 11 of 17
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Warning letter from Home Depot

@-Wade- wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

I come home today, and received a letter from Home Depot saying "Don't let your credit limit decrease." The letter says that they noticed that I haven't used the card in 10 months, and their policy is to reduce credit limits on accounts that are inactive for 10 months. The letter says that if I have any activity between now and 6/1/14, my credit limit (currently 5.5k) will not change. If I don't use the card by then, they will drop the limit to $5,001 (weird number).  Anyway, it says I can choose one of three easy ways to keep my existing limit, stop by and pick up some essentials (light bulbs, batteries), use the coupon they sent to get Special Finanacing for 18 mos on a purchase of $499 or more, or make any online purchase. 

Guess I will be going to get some batteries and light bulbs soon, lol.

Well at lease they gave you a warning Smiley Happy

+1

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 12 of 17
plasectomy
New Contributor

Nice gesture by giving you a heads up. Imagine if Amex FRs were this way!

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 13 of 17
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@ojjlkjlkj wrote:

Nice gesture by giving you a heads up. Imagine if Amex FRs were this way!

^^^^

Agree, the notification letter reflects positively on HD as a lender.

I've had CC companies that cancelled my card for non use, and then when I tried to use it, it got declined. So it was a little embarrassing so I had to go and make a call and ask, and they said it was cancelled for non use and I stated "don't you warn your customers" and they said a notification was sent out (I never got it..yeah right).

So you got a letter at least.

Message 14 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Nice to know they do this! It reminds me that I really need/want to replace our exterior doors.
Message 15 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Does Citi back the Home Depot card?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Does Citi back the Home Depot card?

Yes, it is backed by Citi.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.