Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was Citi cli a hard pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was Citi cli a hard pull?

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked before but after searching for about an hour I gave up trying to find it.

My earlier tonight I tried to do a CLI on my CITI Dividend Student Card. I've had it since mid 2011, and I've recieved one $500 cli before which brought me to $3000. I tried to do another CLI, which brought me to this prompt after clicking the submit button.

"We recieved your $1,000.00 Credit Increase request and have forwarded it to our Credit Department for review. To find out if you've been approved, please wait at least 30 minutes from the time of your request then sign on to Account Online."

Well, it turns out I did get the incease up to $4,000. But I'm slightly concerned if I did get a hp. Recently I've opened a Discover IT student card ($1,500 limit), as well as a Citi Forward (CITI's other student card,  $2,400 limit). I make sure to pay off my cards each month or leave less than 1% utilization on it. I'll be in school for a lot longer (21 years old, third year in college, finishing first year of grad/professional degrees, with a graduation date of 2017) and recently I decided that  should try to maximize my credit score as much as possible with revolving credit (credit cards if I'm not mistaken) since I'll be in (larger) heaps of student loan debt here in the years to come.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
grubs
Valued Member

Re: Was Citi cli a hard pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked before but after searching for about an hour I gave up trying to find it.

My earlier tonight I tried to do a CLI on my CITI Dividend Student Card. I've had it since mid 2011, and I've recieved one $500 cli before which brought me to $3000. I tried to do another CLI, which brought me to this prompt after clicking the submit button.

"We recieved your $1,000.00 Credit Increase request and have forwarded it to our Credit Department for review. To find out if you've been approved, please wait at least 30 minutes from the time of your request then sign on to Account Online."

Well, it turns out I did get the incease up to $4,000. But I'm slightly concerned if I did get a hp. Recently I've opened a Discover IT student card ($1,500 limit), as well as a Citi Forward (CITI's other student card,  $2,400 limit). I make sure to pay off my cards each month or leave less than 1% utilization on it. I'll be in school for a lot longer (21 years old, third year in college, finishing first year of grad/professional degrees, with a graduation date of 2017) and recently I decided that  should try to maximize my credit score as much as possible with revolving credit (credit cards if I'm not mistaken) since I'll be in (larger) heaps of student loan debt here in the years to come.

Definitely was a HP, I know from personal experience 

Message 2 of 9
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Yes, unfortunally, that means HP... Well at least you got your CLI 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to find out which CRA they used such as by calling them?

Message 4 of 9
grubs
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not too sure, but I know that it likely is EQ. If not it would be EX

Message 5 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Yup its an HP they usually dont pull a report if they give you an instant decision when you request a CLI

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 9
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

it might not be a hp did it ask you if they could pull your credit? once i requested a cil it asked to pull my report the other day i requested a cli they said no report would be pulled!

Message 7 of 9
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Did it say anything about a credit report being pulled? I've received that message before when I was denied for having requested a CLI too soon, and no report was pulled. If you need to know, either check your report or call Citi CS.

Message 8 of 9
kmhazz
Established Member

@grubs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not too sure, but I know that it likely is EQ. If not it would be EX

I don't have the OP's card, but I do have a Sears card, which is also issued by Citi. They pulled Experian when I applied, and actually pulled Equifax a few weeks afterwards. Never pulled TU though.

DCU Secured $500 | Bill Me Later $1292 | Amazon $1100 | Amazon Rewards $1000 | Kohl's $800 | Old Navy Visa $2000 | Sears MC $6000 | Target $500 | Walmart Discover $1000

Starting Score: EQ: 700 (EQ), EX: 661, TU: 709
Current Score: EQ: 716 (DCU), EX: 661, TU: 723 (Walmart)
Goal Score: All: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.