cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was I just approved for a Ralphs/Kroger MasterCard?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was I just approved for a Ralphs/Kroger MasterCard?!

I applied for a Ralph's MC and I'm not sure if I was approved or not. After I submitted the application, I got this:

Acceptance Certificate Complete

Thank you (my name)  for applying! We are currently reviewing your credit card acceptance certificate. Upon approval of your acceptance certificate, we will send you your new credit card, a Credit Card Agreement and a Privacy Notice within 7-10 days.

If you would like to check the status of your acceptance certificate or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

You can contact us by phone toll-free at  1-877-877-5256. Our service hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.

What is an acceptance certificate?? Does this sound like an approval or just a kind way of saying I'm denied?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was I just approved for a Ralphs/Kroger MasterCard?!

"Acceptance Certificate" is a fancy term for "Application".

Message 2 of 4
tobey
Contributor

Sounds like neither... I'd give it a couple days and call that number to find out what their decision is.

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Ralph's MC and I'm not sure if I was approved or not. After I submitted the application, I got this:

Acceptance Certificate Complete

Thank you (my name)  for applying! We are currently reviewing your credit card acceptance certificate. Upon approval of your acceptance certificate, we will send you your new credit card, a Credit Card Agreement and a Privacy Notice within 7-10 days.

If you would like to check the status of your acceptance certificate or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

You can contact us by phone toll-free at  1-877-877-5256. Our service hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.

What is an acceptance certificate?? Does this sound like an approval or just a kind way of saying I'm denied?

I would wait. I get those "you have been invited to apply" invites as well with my reward card at Ralphs. I am holding off on that because a hard inq is simply not worth it. The inquiries themselves make money. So I won't apply until I am good and ready. BTW- What bureau did they pull?

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.