cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was approved for Amex Platinum now received a pre-approved offer for Amex Preferred Rewards Gold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was approved for Amex Platinum now received a pre-approved offer for Amex Preferred Rewards Gold

Okay, so thanks for this board, I was able to understand what it took to get an Amex Platinum. (Thanks to all of you for that!) Since I travel weekly - this is a good thing and well worth the $450.

Now that I was approved, I logged into my account online and said that I was a member since 2003 (even though I just got my 2008 AMEX Plat.). Turns out that I was a joint account holder in a business which we closed out in 2003 - but they pulled our history on the PIF closed out account and they gave me my seniority back.

Just received a pre=approved Preferred Gold Rewards card in the mail.

Any particular reason why I would get that one - or should I just stick with the Platinum?

Thanks!

TU: 703 EX: 697 EQ: 707

My goal is to hit 750 across the board within 6 mos.

Pat
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Was approved for Amex Platinum now received a pre-approved offer for Amex Preferred Rewards Gold

I can not justify AF for Green, let alone Gold or Platinum.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was approved for Amex Platinum now received a pre-approved offer for Amex Preferred Rewards Gold

No need for 2 charge cards-
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats - I hope you enjoy your new card. Just make sure you treat it well - don't use it to buy anything deviant and call ahead if you need to rack it up way more than you do on an average month.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one did something like this to me and couldnt help me over the phone. So they tried to higer my limit, denied that then I said "Ok, your 500 dollar limit means I will call back in 3 years".
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

....Just received a pre=approved Preferred Gold Rewards card in the mail.

Any particular reason why I would get that one - or should I just stick with the Platinum?

Thanks!

TU: 703 EX: 697 EQ: 707

My goal is to hit 750 across the board within 6 mos.

Pat

The pre-approvals come from their own separate dimension in credit land. If you were to check your soft inquiries on EX and maybe EQ, you'd probably see that AmEx has been sniffing around to see if you fit their profile.

The Gold letter was probably in the pipeline before you got the Plat, so I don't think it "knows" where you are already. I kept getting some offers for the Green after I got the Gold, and so far, so good.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.