Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was approved for an Amex TrueEarnings Card

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Was approved for an Amex TrueEarnings Card

So, I was recently approved for an Amex TrueEarnings Card with a credit line of $2000.  I was suprised that I was approved for this much since my only credit card before this had a credit limit of $750 from cap1.   My oldest account is 2.5 years with an AAoA less than 2.5 years.  My FAKO from Experian was 720 and Fico from EQ was 750. 

Now, when should I pull my report to check to see the effect of opening this new credit card?  I already wasted money by pulling my report and score 2 times before I was approved for the card.  I pulled the report to see if the hard inquiry was on there but they didn't approved me until after I pulled the report a second time.  I don't want to waste money on another report now and then later to see how the new credit card effects me.  So, how long should I wait to pull the report again to see how much my score drop?  I'll then report it here.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Was approved for an Amex TrueEarnings Card

@joestay wrote:

So, I was recently approved for an Amex TrueEarnings Card with a credit line of $2000.  I was suprised that I was approved for this much since my only credit card before this had a credit limit of $750 from cap1.   My oldest account is 2.5 years with an AAoA less than 2.5 years.  My FAKO from Experian was 720 and Fico from EQ was 750. 

Now, when should I pull my report to check to see the effect of opening this new credit card?  I already wasted money by pulling my report and score 2 times before I was approved for the card.  I pulled the report to see if the hard inquiry was on there but they didn't approved me until after I pulled the report a second time.  I don't want to waste money on another report now and then later to see how the new credit card effects me.  So, how long should I wait to pull the report again to see how much my score drop?  I'll then report it here.

I've heard that Amex can take a couple of months to report. Pull EX BD before you waste any more money on scores. Do you really want to look anyway? Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
joestay
Frequent Contributor

What does BD stand for?

Message 3 of 7
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

BD=backdoor.  (Peeking at your report via EX's website - ostensibly to start a dispute that you never actually go through with)

My fairly new TrueEarnings card (January) reported in about 3 week's time (i.e. time from approval to reporting).

Message 4 of 7
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Just got my card in the mail today.  Pretty excited about it.

Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@joestay wrote:

Just got my card in the mail today.  Pretty excited about it.

It is cool getting that envelope isn't it? Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 7
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Yup.  It was a thick envelope too.  Activated it right away and then proceeded to pay a bill.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.