Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was happy with Chase until...

tag
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Was happy with Chase until...

image.jpegSo, mint notified me that I was charged a $10 transaction fee by Chase on my not even a month old Chase Sapphire Preferred.  Could some please explain to me what this is? And why Chase does it? I checked my online account and sure enough it says transaction fee.  I did not do a cash advance or balance transfer and balance was paid in full.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Was happy with Chase until...

Hard for us to know!   Look in your online Chase account.   Does the fee show there (sometimes Mint misclassifies things)?  If so, it should give some indication what it is for.   Examples might be cash advance, balance transfer etc

Message 2 of 31
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

@Longtimelurker Isis check my Chase account and it says transaction fee with the amount of $10. I didn't do a cash advance or balance transfer and I paid the first month's balance in full.
Message 3 of 31
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Whoooa...I meant, *I did
Message 4 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Is the date of the fee associated with any particular purchase?   But sounds like you have to phone Chase for an explanation

Message 5 of 31
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

I was trying to avoid Chase. It never ends well when phoning in ahhhh...ok thank you
Message 6 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@The_Gazelle12 wrote:
I was trying to avoid Chase. It never ends well when phoning in ahhhh...ok thank you

Well, your choice!  Maybe just take the $10 hit and hope it doesn't happen again!

Message 7 of 31
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

I posted a pic of how the fee was posted.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@The_Gazelle12 wrote:

Well, your choice!  Maybe just take the $10 hit and hope it doesn't happen again!

lol. No. Not good... A $10 hit could turn into a $100 hit to a $1000 and so on. I speak from personal experience. 

OP, get on that phone pronto!

editet

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't want to call, send them a SM through your account.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.