cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was there a special version of the Chase Sapphire Preferred cards for Chase Private Clients?

tag
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Re: Was there a special version of the Chase Sapphire Preferred cards for Chase Private Clients?

I think I read somewhere that the JP Morgan Select card was similar to the CSP and might be discontinued now. Not sure if that one was for Private Cclients or not.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was there a special version of the Chase Sapphire Preferred cards for Chase Private Clients?

My GF applied for and was approved for the Chase Sapphire in November 2014.  This is not the current CSP version.  As an AU, I was on the phone with Chase a couple of times for clarification for similarities and differences.  This is what I found out:

IMPORTANT SIMILARITIES:

• Same exact rewards structure
  • CS had the same 40k signup bonus with same spend requirements as the current CSP
  • VISA signature (min 5k limit)
  • All CSP promos apply to CS (like their current 3x first Fridays)
  • Both serve as UR gateways, as well as the Ink, to transfer partners
  • Chip and signature

VERY VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES:

• CS has a 3% FX fee and CSP has none
  • CS has NO ANNUAL FEE and CSP is $95
  • CS is a darker blue

Personally, I don't care about the FX fee because neither the CS or CSP have the chip and PIN so my trips to Italy make them worthless for daily spending.  My HSBC UK takes care of that (I'm a dual citizen).  So, it boils down to the AF.  With the exact same rewards structure and benefits (sans FX fee), I'm glad we got the Sapphire. 

Apparently, two weeks after my GF was approved, Chase discontinued the card.  Lucky us!

Message 12 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My GF applied for and was approved for the Chase Sapphire in November 2014.  This is not the current CSP version.  As an AU, I was on the phone with Chase a couple of times for clarification for similarities and differences.  This is what I found out:

IMPORTANT SIMILARITIES:

• CS had the same 40k signup bonus with same spend requirements as the current CSP
  • Chip and signature

• CS is a darker blue

Personally, I don't care about the FX fee because neither the CS or CSP have the chip and PIN so my trips to Italy make them worthless for daily spending.  My HSBC UK takes care of that (I'm a dual citizen).  So, it boils down to the AF.  With the exact same rewards structure and benefits (sans FX fee), I'm glad we got the Sapphire. 

Apparently, two weeks after my GF was approved, Chase discontinued the card.  Lucky us!

OP was asking about the private client vs. the CSP.. not the CS to CSP.

Message 13 of 26
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

IMPORTANT SIMILARITIES:

• Chip and signature

• CS is a darker blue

The Sapphire can't transfer points to travel partners, which is where the value of the CSP lies.

Message 14 of 26
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

^ Yup, 50,000 bonus points for Private Clients.

http://travelsort.com/blog/50k-chase-sapphire-preferred-for-chase-private-clients

TheY changed it? I got 50,000 last year and not a private client of theirs 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 15 of 26
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IMPORTANT SIMILARITIES:

• Chip and signature

• CS is a darker blue

ItIt's not the same reward structure unless they added it within the last 6 months. I've had the CS and CSP and closed my CS in December and it's only 2x points on restaurants  meanwhile CSP has that plus 2x on travel 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 16 of 26
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@TitaniumCash wrote:

I think I read somewhere that the JP Morgan Select card was similar to the CSP and might be discontinued now. Not sure if that one was for Private Cclients or not.

To my knowledge, it has been discontinued.  I have not yet received any word that my card will be converted though - perhaps others have?  Sorry, wish I had more information for you!

Message 17 of 26
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Just throwing this out there - there is, in fact, a CSP for Private Clients.

It has the same rewards structure except it adds 2x points for gas and 2x points for supermarkets. Also comes with an annual $100 travel voucher to be used with any airline. Annual fee is $150/year.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMENA wrote:

Just throwing this out there - there is, in fact, a CSP for Private Clients.

It has the same rewards structure except it adds 2x points for gas and 2x points for supermarkets. Also comes with an annual $100 travel voucher to be used with any airline. Annual fee is $150/year.

Well this finally gave me the inspiration to actually call, and I'm not sure where you're getting this from, but this is definitely not the case.  There IS a "special" version of the CSP, however it offers no differences in the rewards or fees, it just says Chase Private Client under your name.

Message 19 of 26
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Good going, emergent...you just ruined my fun for the day of watching everyone on this board freak out over it.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.