cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was there a special version of the Chase Sapphire Preferred cards for Chase Private Clients?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was there a special version of the Chase Sapphire Preferred cards for Chase Private Clients?

@CreditMENA wrote:

Good going, emergent...you just ruined my fun for the day of watching everyone on this board freak out over it.

Haha I knew it.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was there a special version of the Chase Sapphire Preferred cards for Chase Private Clients?

ItIt's not the same reward structure unless they added it within the last 6 months. I've had the CS and CSP and closed my CS in December and it's only 2x points on restaurants  meanwhile CSP has that plus 2x on travel 

The CS gives you 2x travel if you book through the portal.

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Sapphire can't transfer points to travel partners, which is where the value of the CSP lies.

Ugh!  I just checked and you're right.  Looks like I'll have to call Chase and see if I can weasel my way into the transfer partners.  The terms and conditions say that its possible if it is explicitly expressed.  If all else fails, I'll just have to apply for the Preferred.  Bummer.
Message 23 of 26
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Card art
Chase Sapphire Preferred®

Enjoy an exclusive 50,000 bonus point introductory offer for Private Clients, plus premium Travel and Dining rewards including 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs, 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants and much more.

• Exclusive bonus for Chase Private Clients — Enjoy 50,000 bonus points from Chase Sapphire Preferred after spending $4,000 within three months from account opening — that's $625 in travel rewards when you redeem through Ultimate RewardsFootnote 11
  • Earn 5,000 Bonus Points after you add the first Authorized User and make a purchase within three months of account openingFootnote 12
  • 2X points on Travel — from airfare, hotels, cruises and car rentals, to train tickets, taxis, tolls and moreFootnote 13
  • 2X points on Dining at restaurants — from fast food to fine diningFootnote 13
  • 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchasesFootnote 13
  • 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs including United MileagePlus®*, Marriott Rewards® and more — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
  • Chip & Signature enabled for international travel
  • No foreign transaction feesFootnote 14
  • 20% off Airfare, Hotels, Car Rentals and Cruises when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, a $500 flight requires just 40,000 points.
  • Exclusive Events & Experiences — Enjoy unique travel, dining, sporting events and more
  • 24/7 Direct Access to Live Advisors

Well as you can see you were given incorrect information. The Private Client card gives 10,000 more points for instance the normal Sapphire Preferred Card is only 40,000 points. Just to name one. I was offered the Private Client treatment but not sure I will take it. I don't plan on doing any investing initially so I don't feel its worth the reported .4% quarterly fee. Correct me if I am wrong on that fee please though maybe I got bad info. Not sure if its only if you have an investment portfolio going on thru them.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KDKobes wrote:

Well as you can see you were given incorrect information. The Private Client card gives 10,000 more points for instance the normal Sapphire Preferred Card is only 40,000 points. Just to name one. I was offered the Private Client treatment but not sure I will take it. I don't plan on doing any investing initially so I don't feel its worth the reported .4% quarterly fee. Correct me if I am wrong on that fee please though maybe I got bad info. Not sure if its only if you have an investment portfolio going on thru them.

Haha.  "Just to name one."  That's literally the only difference.  Also, you don't need to have anything invested with Chase to become a Private Client.

Message 25 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Lexie has posted that she has this version. Only difference is that it says you're a CPC on the card.. which I'm sure most would view that as a status thing.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.