Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was this a good choice?

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Was this a good choice?

Hey guys my mom wanted to know if this was a good choice she recently applied for the Chase Freedom and got approved for 7.5k and did a balance transfer from her BB&T Spectrum Rewards Card. Was this the best decison for her as far as balance transfer and a better rewards credit card or were there better offers? 

Her scores are 

EQ. 806  TU: 815  EX: 754

AAoA: 4 Years (Oldest Account 8 years)

No Baddies , Perfect Payment History

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was this a good choice?

Did she have a transfer fee and get 0%? if so yes.

Message 2 of 5
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

0% for 15 months and a 3% transfer fee

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slate would have been 0% fee but Freedom you can use when it is paid off for rewards.

Message 4 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

A few better offers out there. But it is not bad. The 3% fee is kind of standard. i have some without fee with my credit union. but only 12 months. 0%. So i have my freedom which i have not transfered anything on it. just wasting the 0% apr offer and bt offer. I just wanted in with chase i guess. But as stated. its not a bad choice

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.