Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was told to call Chase

tag
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

Re: Was told to call Chase

They must really like you OP, I inquired about PCing a 15yr old account and they just told me it wasn't eligible. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free at last free at last ! Jump on the freedom the rotating categories are pretty decent and if you pif regardless then even better ! One time I got 134$ Cash back  just BS'ing with the card when it had a $500 cl !

Citi Double Cash 1k, CSP 5k , Chase United 5k , BOFA Cash 4.5k , Discover it 1k , Chase Slate 2k , Chase Freedom 1k , Hilton Amex 3k , U.S. Airways 7.5k
Gardening from now on last app 2/10/2015

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdong1996 wrote:

They must really like you OP, I inquired about PCing a 15yr old account and they just told me it wasn't eligible. Smiley Sad

You have a 15 year old account and you're only 19?? Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Free at last free at last ! Jump on the freedom the rotating categories are pretty decent and if you pif regardless then even better ! One time I got 134$ Cash back  just BS'ing with the card when it had a $500 cl !

Citi Double Cash 1k, CSP 5k , Chase United 5k , BOFA Cash 4.5k , Discover it 1k , Chase Slate 2k , Chase Freedom 1k , Hilton Amex 3k , U.S. Airways 7.5k
Gardening from now on last app 2/10/2015

No Bonus, No Freedom.

Message 14 of 19
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdong1996 wrote:

You have a 15 year old account and you're only 19?? Smiley Tongue

I wish Smiley Tongue It's one of the accounts I manage for my father

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are going to use it as a charge card, then the slate (a balance transfer card) would be not quite useful.

Get slate if you like a simple card and freedom if you like some rewards.

Message 16 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

Freedom would definitely be the better option.

Though I'm wondering what that does as far as a sign-up bonus goes.  Might want to check with them and see if they'll offer you anything that way.  I think the current public sign-up bonus is something like 10,000 UR points (which can be redeemed for $100) after $500 in spend during the first 3 months.  If it was me, I'd tell them that I was interested in this card before the offer to change cards and would still like to receive the bonus.  No point in missing out on the potential for "free" money if it may be available.

I asked on the phone if either of them came with any kind of sign up bonus and he said "no."  I think they just want me to keep my account with Chase.  It's fine, I'll just do the Freedom I guess.  I just liked the design of my BP card lol that's why I used it so much.....guess I'll have to pick my new favorite to put everything on....I'm a sucker for marketing  Smiley Very Happy

App for a Freedom then and move the CL. Simple.

If Chase does not offer the sign up bonus on PC ^^ this is what I would do.

Message 17 of 19
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

If you need to replace a gas card, asking them to switch you to AARP might be a decent option.

As other's have mentioned though you will be giving up the signup bonus on anything they switch you to.  I tend to agree that maybe this would be a great oportunity to apply for Freedom and then have them move the limit from BP to Freedom.  That's probably what I would do in your situation.

Message 18 of 19
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Slate @ 12.99% ?

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.