Established Contributor
CreditDrama85

Washington Mutual CC?

What fico is required to get this card? i know people that have received it after filing bankruptcy....

i have a fico in the 500s and would like to transfer some balances...any suggestions?

i actually applied for another cap 1 card because i have great history with them...but i got a letter saying my cr wasnt even run because i have too many cap 1 accounts. go figure!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Washington Mutual CC?

Still think you need to be close to 600 and have lower utl.

IMHO- may want to consider repair before rebuild-

CreditDrama85 wrote:
What fico is required to get this card? i know people that have received it after filing bankruptcy....
i have a fico in the 500s and would like to transfer some balances...any suggestions?
i actually applied for another cap 1 card because i have great history with them...but i got a letter saying my cr wasnt even run because i have too many cap 1 accounts. go figure!

Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I apped for this with an Eq of 656 and was shot down.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

You may want to look at:

http://www.whogavemecredit.com/index.php?page=search.php&srch=name

and search under Washington Mutual, to compare what other people's score were and if they were accepted or declined.

Not definitive by any measure, but a good indicator.

And I agree with Timothy. You may want to work at getting your scores well above 600 before going for prime cards(I had to learn the hard way myself)
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Regular Contributor
NowIcare

Wamu is a weird one. I got approved for almost everyone else I applied but them...... and the weird thing is they pulled TU wich is my best not 1 neg and pretty low util 30% with a fako of 689 Got the letter they didnt give a reason they said "if you would like more info on your decline write to us in the next 30 days" ?????

I have seen people post getting approved with 500s and neg and BK I guess its a 50/50 dice roll LOL

NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Frequent Contributor
ficonovice

And I consider my WaMu card as sub-prime as any card out there. I've had a $1K limit for years, never late, use the card consistently and pay in full or at least triple the minimum and I can't get these jokers to throw me a bone. I've always considered them to be a sneaky company..
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Established Member
esfour

Not sure of my FICO at the time, but I would imagine it was in the low 600s, or high 500s when I received a WAMU card...  Not only that, but my util was WAYYYYYYY high.  That's why I took the pre-approval, they had a 0% BT offer...  Can't pass that up.
Valued Member
Watson1225

[ Edited ]
My credit limit has been stuck at $1500 for 2 years now with no credit increases from these clowns. The CSR's (if you can understand their attempt at the English language) are absolutely useless - they must be reading a script - and when I call for CLI's - always the same response - they are generated by the computer if you are eligible during the periodic account reviews. Last time I called, I asked for a number to speak with either a credit analyst, underwriter or the retention department. She proceeded with her script - how the computer decides.

Decided screw this...had received a pre-approval for the MasterCard and applied. They declined me!!! I am a Wamu checking customer, my PFICO on the Visa card shows 706 - and to add insult to injury - they sent me the insert to apply for a "secured" card!!! I blew a fuse, called customer service - they could not tell me why I was declined - but I would get ANOTHER letter. Maybe that is why their interest rates are so high - they need to pay postage on the multiple letters sent for declines.

I am about ready to send letters to Kerry Killinger, Stephen Rotella, and Anthony Vuotto to tell them where they can shove their friggin cards at this point.

A secured card?? I think not - I have NEVER had a secured card in my life. I was just approved by Chase this week for $5,000, have a card with BofA for $5000, FIA Fidelity $5,000 and Citi just gave me a card for $2000.

Paid my account in full this month and plan on using them maybe for a cup of coffee here and there.

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 11-08-2007 08:25 AM

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 11-08-2007 08:26 AM
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

I think that if you talk to any person here, with cc's that you have also, that' you will find people who love them, and some that hate them. I hate my HSBC and Juniper card. Many here love them to pieces.  I happen to like my WaMu cards, boarding on love.  LOL

I received a Providian card 7 years ago. They were very generous with me and I wound up with a $3,200 CL. THEN WaMu bought them, and lowered my CL to $1,320 without even notifying me. I found out by looking at my Feb.2007 statement. And was automatically over the $1,320 cl!. I was so angry I called them up and complained and threatened to close the account. But I'm glad I didn't.

Since Feb. I've asked for a cli 3 times.....declined all 3 times.

In Sept. I received a pre-approved offer from them for a 0% thru Ja. 09. After that, 9.99% with no AF. Applied for it on phone, was told it'd take 3 weeks for consideration. I was fully expecting a decline, or best case, an acceptance of a $1,000 cl.

I received the cc 12 days later. I almost fainted when I saw the cl was $6,500.

I'm developing a theory, that, given any cc issued to you, the ccc has a range of credit available to you on that particular card. And I was maxed out in cl on the Providian/WaMu card. So the only way WaMu could increase my cl was to issue me a new card. Just a theory.

If you look at the Cap1 website in cc offerings, you'll see they promote 3classes of Visa Platinums: Cap1 Standard; Cap1 Platinum; Cap1 Prestiege. Each has a cl range.

Just my observations
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Valued Member
Watson1225

I tried applying for a different card with them figuring maybe I was at a max limit for my card. That is when they denied me and offered me a secured card!!! That is what has me so pissed with them - the denial I can deal with. I have opened much better cards than theirs with better APR's. It was the secured flier that got me steamed. Considering my PFICO with them is 706 - I am not sure why I was declined or what they are looking for.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+