Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasted Inquiry on BOA! Now What?

tag
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Wasted Inquiry on BOA! Now What?

In my thread need advice, I don't know what now. So depressed and disappointed by this. No inquiry in almost a year to get denied. I even spent $5 to send priority a re-consideration letter. What bull**bleep**! I have around a 670 and I have nothing that bad on my credit report. They said didn't have enough revolving credit etc etc bull**bleep**! Now what card should I try for? I really wanted another regular decent credit card. Now I'm lost at what I should do. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wasted Inquiry on BOA! Now What?

Smiley Wink Just be cool champ...keep an eye on the mail. In about a week to 10 days it will show up. World Points rewards card. No need to get all bent out of shape about it. As long as you have no baddies on your credit reports that card will be in the mail. Thank me later...

King

Message 2 of 18
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

What do you mean? They sent me another denial letter after I sent them a reconsideration letter. I don't see how they'd still send me a card. It's bull**bleep**. Now I'm pissed off but trying to forget about it.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the time to go back and read your other post (need advice) And you next option is the fully secured card have you look into that at all?That should be your next move...
Message 4 of 18
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

I could always do that, but I don't feel I should need to. People on here have obviously bad credit and got approved for the partially secured. I think BOA is going under and in a bad place now, which is why they denied me credit. Nothing else makes much sense to be honest. Must be because of the economy and stuff. IDK
Message 5 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

theNavigator wrote:
I have around a 670 and I have nothing that bad on my credit report.

BofA usually pulls EX. Did they pull EX with you? You can only guess on your EX FICO, but we we could get that score, I was initially turned down for an unsecured CC with an EX FICO of 664.

Message 6 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

BofA goes under then so does Citi and Wells Fargo. I doubt any are allowed to go under.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@theNavigator wrote:
What do you mean? They sent me another denial letter after I sent them a reconsideration letter. I don't see how they'd still send me a card. It's bull**bleep**. Now I'm pissed off but trying to forget about it.

They did my wife the same way...got the denial letters and all, but that card showed up in about 10 days. Doesn't mean they will give it to you, it's just the same thing happened to my wife, so you gotta keep hope alive.Smiley Wink

King

Message Edited by 74king on 06-07-2009 01:41 PM
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really sorry that it didn't work out with BoA right now. But, don't be discouraged-- it's always darkest before the dawn. Before you know it, credit frustration will turn to credit fruition! Smiley Happy

Do you still have the denial letter? What reasons, exactly (can you reprint them?) did BoA give in your denial letter. You mentioned 'not having enough revolving credit' and "etc...", but that's a little vague. You also mentioned having a paid collection-- was that, by chance, paid recently (within the last 12 months)? How old are your other accounts? What BoA card did you apply for? I'm not trying to overly pry, but it's easier to give some thought to 'what next' if we have a little better understanding of what *exactly* went wrong with this app. You might get more 'been there/done that' perspective on what to & what *not* to do next.

Do you know what your Equifax FICO score is? You might want to consider establishing a relationship with a credit union and applying for credit products with them. You may find, as many of us have, that the overal financial stability of credit unions are stronger than that of most banks right now-- they're still lending, generously.

And, if it's BoA, specifically, that you really want to establish a relationship with, you can go the fully secured route. I understand, however, that you now have to go into a bank branch directly to apply for the fully secured card. The nice thing about this option is that you can determine whatever credit line you like. AND, in 9-12 months, it'll unsecure the same as the partially secured card.

Message 9 of 18
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Yes, I did pay that collection back in October of 08. Basically my accounts are on the younger side, as I'm only 21 years old. I guess it just didn't fit their critiera. My scores are between 658-668 I believe my equifax was the highest at 668. I am just disappointed, and the bank was no help what so ever. I think I may just take business elsewhere,  not even worth it now.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.