Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch out for Fraud Alert Calls

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Watch out for Fraud Alert Calls

I just recieved a call from 877 464 9118 i did not answer it and they left a voicemail and i played it and it was an automated voice claiming there's a hold on my account and it goes on and on and it says something about Barclays...... I don't have any accounts with Barclays! Just a warning so people don't fall for this!

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Watch out for Fraud Alert Calls

Could be an old number that you now have that they had on file for someone else.

Message 2 of 6
linux007969
Established Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

Could be an old number that you now have that they had on file for someone else.

I've had my number since 2009!

Message 3 of 6
linux007969
Established Contributor

the voicemail left by automated voice even demanded that I disreguard text alerts and email alerts...... so that's a red flag right there!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@linux007969 wrote:

I just recieved a call from 877 464 9118 i did not answer it and they left a voicemail and i played it and it was an automated voice claiming there's a hold on my account and it goes on and on and it says something about Barclays...... I don't have any accounts with Barclays! Just a warning so people don't fall for this!

I got the same voice mail yesterday...I don't have a Barclay card either.....called Barclay Security and they confirmed there is a phishing scam going around.   I gave them the 877 number.

Everyone just be careful!!

Message 5 of 6
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Be careful about emails too!! I've gotten at least two claiming to work for Chase.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.