Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wawa Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wawa Credit Card

Citi. Enough said. Not happening for me.
Message 31 of 38
Salrn
Established Member

Wawa Credit Card is for wawa only and gas. The reward is .25 cents off per gallon for the first 60 days then .05 cents off per gallon after. Issued by Citibank. I live near about 20 Wawa stores but only 2 are super Wawa that have gas available. My hubby has a bankruptcy on credit report from 2008 and scores around 660 and got approved.
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love the WaWa. I'm very sad that I'll be moving away from them.
Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

That said, those rewards kinda suck.
Message 34 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The credit card is very lackluster. The ongoing 5 cents off can easily be beaten by basically ANY rewards card. Even if you only spend $25 to fill up, a 2% gas card will still match the 5 cents!

I'm surprised the card offers nothing for inside the store, not even a token discount. Pretty lame.

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Wawa Credit Card is among the worst marketed store cards out there. Sure, they tout the gas savings, but all the signage, brochures, and even the enclosed mailer with the card neglect to mention the card may be used for any merchandise in their store. It's not just a gas card.

As for earning rewards, you can indirectly through Wawa Rewards, which requires use of a Wawa giftcard. Use the Wawa Credit Card to buy / reload a Wawa giftcard(s) with, then use those for purchases.

Wawa Rewards program (via use of Wawa gift cards as I explained above) is so-so, but can be stacked on top of regular credit card rewards. It's a shame Wawa Credit Card itself itsn't tied into Wawa Rewards - what an oversight; lost opportunity, and lost money, since the big profit margin isn't outside, but inside with food, etc - that's where Wawa should be encouraging people to use their Wawa Credit Card.

All in all, despite being marketing savvy, Wawa doesn't seem to get it when it comes to credit cards and reward programs. Wawa had a store credit card a few years ago backed by Chase that later was done away with. Hopefully, Wawa has better success on this go around.

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 37 of 38
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

The credit card is very lackluster. The ongoing 5 cents off can easily be beaten by basically ANY rewards card. Even if you only spend $25 to fill up, a 2% gas card will still match the 5 cents!

I'm surprised the card offers nothing for inside the store, not even a token discount. Pretty lame.

5 cent --------->  $2 /Gal

$100-----------> 50 Gals

50 Gals-------> 250 cent    Conclusion $ 2.5  every $100 = 2.5% cash back based on ~ $2 / gal

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.