Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way too early BOA CLI? Any experience?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way too early BOA CLI? Any experience?

Hey ya'll I just got my BOA cash rewards card in aug 2013 with an $800 limit. I didn't know a lot about credit and I was really annoyed that I had to make payments every few days because the limit was so low, so I did a CLI in October 2013 to go to $1500 which was accepted (again I didn't know a lot about credit so retrospectively I should've asked for more money). But I was spending $1000+ a month and paying in full. I've spent probably $5000 a month since August and always PIF. Anyways, I think that CLI I did in October was stupid beacuse it was only to $1500 and I think it's going to limit by ability to get a CLI in the future. Do you know if BOA limits CLI to like every 6 months or something? I want another CLI because my credit is 750ish and my income is $20,000 (part time student) and I have other cards with higher limits. I think I screwed myself by prematurely asking for that CLI because I know BOA does internal reviews for CLIs but im wondering if they wait like 6-12 months or something before they give you another one, or before you can apply for another one without getting denied? Anyone know? I just got my amex 3x and now Im at $6000!!!! so happy! Hopefully my banks of several years at BOA can give me something! Maybe they dont like me because they will never make a dime on me? (PIF)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Way too early BOA CLI? Any experience?

I think it's about perfect time for a cli I call my lenders every 3-4 months and harass them! Boa has been pretty good to us

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My friend got 2 cli from BofA within 60 days of getting his card because of his needs vs limit.

but now this time make them counter if not full amount... Ask for at least $10k if not $15k,

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh TYPO!! I meant I've spent approximately $5000+ and PIF all of it since august 2013. I didn't mean to say each month I spent 5000! On average I spend anywhere from 500-1000 a month on my BoA cash rewards and PIF. AND on top of that I am gardening until Jan 1 2015. I was hoping theyd give me an automatic increase, is there any way I can sweet talk them into a soft pull? For example I could ask if they could review my records and payments and see Im worthy of one. My BoA card is now basically 1/4 of my amex. Maybe that will motivate them to give me some credit! 

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh TYPO!! I meant I've spent approximately $5000+ and PIF all of it since august 2013. I didn't mean to say each month I spent 5000! On average I spend anywhere from 500-1000 a month on my BoA cash rewards and PIF. AND on top of that I am gardening until Jan 1 2015. I was hoping theyd give me an automatic increase, is there any way I can sweet talk them into a soft pull? For example I could ask if they could review my records and payments and see Im worthy of one. My BoA card is now basically 1/4 of my amex. Maybe that will motivate them to give me some credit! 

No sp!

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No sp!

And inq only count against you for a year sow hymnody hit it now and you almost still make your 2015 garden?!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea Im aware, when you said "no sp" you meant  that I couldn't do it through a soft pull right? Yea I wont get a real salalary until I graduate which is May 2015. I could potentially delay my gardening until May 2014 so that by may 2015 all the HP fall off and then I can apply for more CLI once I have a much higher salary than 20,000. I should add that I totally forgot I asked for a CLI to 7000 from 1500 in December and was denied. Should I still apply now that its been 2 months

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

And for how much should I ask for from 1500

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And for how much should I ask for from 1500

What was decline reasons?

usually they counter if you ask for to much so I wouldn't worry about that... Ask for same again

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was too many inquiries for credit, can't remember exactly. I think I should wait until April

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.