Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We decide what CB they pull....LoL

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

We decide what CB they pull....LoL

Its time we take back our lives. Smiley Mad

The lender is always pulling what ever Credit bureau they want, lets tweak our lives to make them pull what credit bureau we want.

I suggest you freeze your reports and which ever one you feel would give you the best offer. thats the one that you unfreeze and apply for a credit card.

now the idea is that you do not tell them what you did just let them know your other cb's are frozen and your trying to get in contact with that bureau to

get a pin to unfreeze it. this will work with the credit card side of Discover, BofA, Juniper/Barclay Bank and Chase. Amex (strictly experian) is not going

for it nor is Citibank (strictly equifax) LMAO

NO THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL 

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We decide what CB they pull....LoL

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.  Once you have an account with anyone, they have the right to soft you on all 3 CRA's and will have access to all the info there.
Message 2 of 13
Achase
Regular Contributor

yes they do have a right to soft you but thats not gonna get your account closed. maybe experian has too many inquiries and that can get you denied while

equifax has none. plus since inquiries drag your score down. your experian might be a 660 score while equifax has a 720. or you might have an old derog on

your transunion that doesnt report to your experian.  trust me i know. maybe your doing some credit repair and one report has cleared up before the other. or

maybe your utilization is high on one report. i always feel like you should put your best foot forward. dont you agree. 

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have access to see all three of your feet, not just the good one you set forward.

If one has an old derog, they can see it on a soft.

If one has many inquiries, they can see it on a soft.

If one has high utilization, they can see it on a soft.

Adverse Actions can and do include closing accounts.

That being said, I'm a big fan of spreading out inquiries if need be.  Just don't assume your secrets will stay secret for very long.

Message 4 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

I did that back in July and September.  I have told other members to do the same or how to go about doing it.  Only my EQ report was pulled for each new card I received.  My EX was pulled for the AMEX. 
Message Edited by DI on 02-03-2010 01:05 PM
Message 5 of 13
xchap
Contributor

I did freeze my CR I guess It works if all the CR report the same history.my TU reports only five years and my EXP+ EQU reports 13 years

when i opened a CC my TU was my best score 768 only 2 inquries  but it wasnt enough history. So i had to unfreeze my exp in order to be approve for the CC. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think OP intent is to strictly spread inquiries out to avoid too many accumulating on a single CRA, and keeping the FICO factor of inquiries equal.

However, this won't work with those CCC's and lenders who are a one CRA puller, like AMEX, many CU's, etc.

IMO Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

It's worth a shot. Couldn't hurt to try this strategy and see what happens.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 8 of 13
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I won't app any more unless

A) The card is very attractive

B) I have consulted here as to who they pull

C) I KNOW that said report is lookin sweet!

This way, I don't care who they pull, because I will be armed with the information I need to be approved.  For instance, the next card I want is from NFCU.  I KNOW they pull EQ.  I know that this summer I will have 3 inq's over the 1 year mark on that report & while still "there", they won't be factoring in my FICO.  BUT...I still won't try for this card until after I check into getting a mortgage refi.  Because I can get the card with a recent mortgage pull, but I likely will have issues getting the mortgage with a recent credit pull.

I have learned to plan strategically, instead of flying in to an apping frenzy by the seat of my pants.  Which is a lesson I fully attribute to the wonderful members of this forum.

I have learned SO much here...but the most important thing...SELF CONTROL!  Without it, you're on a long road to recovery.  Smiley Sad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1.  Well said Mo!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.