Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebBank and Synchrony Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WebBank and Synchrony Bank

Hi

I am just wondering if anybody else is having this issue with these 2 banks. My average score on all 3 CB are ~710 and each time I apply to any credit card provided by those 2 banks I get declined. Some of the reason are, too few accounts established and short credit history.

I am on my 12th year with credit and I have 7 accounts (CC and Store cards) plus 4 Paid unsecured loans (15K) and 1 Auto loan 60% is paid off and 1 dental account that almost 90% paid off. I do not have any late accounts, 100% paid on time.

I call them and I ask then they transfare me to the underwiter and they say i need to call the CB and fix this issue and there is nothing they can do.

I do smell something fishy in here becuase the reasons they are giving me does not add up. Would be possible that they have a black list and I was added to it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WebBank and Synchrony Bank

You mention that you have no late payments, but are there any other negative entries in your files? Collection accounts? Charge offs? Judgements or other public records? Sometimes denial reasons are just the first thing that pops up on the roulette wheel and may, or may not, be the actual reason.

PS: Are you the DrByte?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

No, I do not have any of the above.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt have any issues. I applied for CareCredit and a Discount Tire and got both.  I'm sitting in the 600's with 40% UTL and no baddies.

Message 4 of 7
happypill
Valued Contributor

I'm wondering why they are asking you to call in to fix something with the CRA.  Do you have any kind of fraud alert, or locked score?

Message 5 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I am just wondering if anybody else is having this issue with these 2 banks. My average score on all 3 CB are ~710 and each time I apply to any credit card provided by those 2 banks I get declined. Some of the reason are, too few accounts established and short credit history.

I am on my 12th year with credit and I have 7 accounts (CC and Store cards) plus 4 Paid unsecured loans (15K) and 1 Auto loan 60% is paid off and 1 dental account that almost 90% paid off. I do not have any late accounts, 100% paid on time.

I call them and I ask then they transfare me to the underwiter and they say i need to call the CB and fix this issue and there is nothing they can do.

I do smell something fishy in here becuase the reasons they are giving me does not add up. Would be possible that they have a black list and I was added to it?

Thanks

How high is your usage. I mean your report is so clean why are the scores only 710? is there something negative holding them down? with that kind of age on clean reports you should be well over 760 by now. EDIT. I will explain. My reports are also clean and oldest account is less than 2 years old. My AAoA is only 1 year old. which is holding my scores down. you are talking about 12 year old accounts or 7 year old accounts with nothing negative you should be way higher than my scores. thats why i said that. have you pulled a report lately? fico i mean. Maybe something you are not aware of. i would look things over with a fine tooth comb. in order to get things going. I mean the total percentage of your credit card usage. That is 30% of credit score. so it can hold you down as well.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys. I am going to call Webbank/DFS next week to find out why and will post back

Taxi818, my score was much heigher but when I paid off my loans it went down and stayed at the 710 mark

I do not use credit cards much, maybe once or twice every few months just to keep them open.

Thank you

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.