Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website clarifying who is eligible for USAA and for what products

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Website clarifying who is eligible for USAA and for what products

Who is eligible for USAA, and for what?

Click on the category that you think you fit and check the list. Be sure to read the paragraph above the list, as it might say that you have to have had an insurance product and so forth.

So, for instance, I came in through "Members Whose Parents Are/ Were USAA Members." When I read the text, it clarifies that they must have had auto or property insurance. If they had only had banking, for instance, which they did for decades, I would have had to go in through the "Other Individuals" category. Luckily, they also had auto insurance.

There's also a link on the page for membership app and the 800 number for more questions.

I'm just amazed at how much they have expanded membership just in the couple of years that I've been active on the forums.

Anyway, I thought it was a useful reference for the most current eligibility requirements.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Re: Website clarifying who is eligible for USAA and for what products

So is the "other" option for people that are not or have not been in the military? If so do you know what CR they use and what they are looking for in regards to score to be eligible?
Message 2 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Any idea which scoring model they use?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
xchap
Contributor

I tried to get a CC with them but they said that i did qualify. non military.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

xchap wrote:
I tried to get a CC with them but they said that i did qualify. non military.

How long ago was this? Per the site, you're eligible, although not for their full range of cards.

For others who asked, they always pulled an Equifax Beacon 5.0 for me, which is the identical score found here at myFICO. I suppose it might be different for those going in under the "Other" category, but I don't see why they'd make their lives more complicated.

But that's just my theory.

**Oh, I take it back --they might use the auto-enhanced score for auto loans, including for existing members. My son got a loan from them, but we couldn't get them to tell him his score (to compare to his straight EQ FICO), so I don't know for sure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

For others who asked, they always pulled an Equifax Beacon 5.0 for me, which is the identical score found here at myFICO. I suppose it might be different for those going in under the "Other" category, but I don't see why they'd make their lives more complicated.

Thanks HTSU, good information to know.  I'm putting them on my list for my next app spree (in about 2 years) . . . Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.