OneDay800
Valued Member

Weekend Credit Card Sucess

After years of building here is my weekend sucess:

Applied and Approved for Amex Zync - NPSL

Applied and Aprroved for Discover More - 1500

Request and granted product change BofA from Platnium Plus to 1 2 3 Cash Reward

Request and granted product change Chase (old WaMU card) to Freedom

Only thorn in my side was Cap One...no love for product change.  Guess who won't be in my wallet!!

Figure I will wait 6 months and see if I could get the Blue from Amex.

Any other weekend success stories?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: Weekend Credit Card Sucess

congrats on the cards. Why dont you just wait till January to apply. Its a Soft pull if denied and wil provide optimal backdating. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 2 of 14
OneDay800
Valued Member

I was actually shocked...When talking to CSR at AMEX..they backdated my card with 2004 - I am a AU on a small business account.  Didn't even ask...done automatically. 

Message 3 of 14
severine
Contributor

Nice work! My weekend success was applying for a Chase Freedom and getting a 10k limit. I then applied for a Sapphire, got the "application pending" screen, panicked, called the recon number and the very nice CS lady offered to split the Freedom and Sapphire into two cards with 5k limits/each. Needless to say I am STOKED!Smiley Happy

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 4 of 14
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

@OneDay800 wrote:

After years of building here is my weekend sucess:

Applied and Approved for Amex Zync - NPSL

Applied and Aprroved for Discover More - 1500

Request and granted product change BofA from Platnium Plus to 1 2 3 Cash Reward

Request and granted product change Chase (old WaMU card) to Freedom

Only thorn in my side was Cap One...no love for product change.  Guess who won't be in my wallet!!

Figure I will wait 6 months and see if I could get the Blue from Amex.

Any other weekend success stories?

Congratulations! You now have some nice rewards cards. I'm glad you shared your PC success with Chase. I have an old WAMU now plain Chase card that I've been wanting to convert to a Freedom but until recently assumed I would be denied. After receiving the Zync last month and reading your post I called in and requested a PC to the Freedom. Approved! Can't believe it. Thanks for sharing.

Message 5 of 14
OneDay800
Valued Member

Re: Weekend Credit Card Success

That's great Smiley Happy That is why I love this forum..It gives you hope and courage to do things you normally wouldn't think of!!   I was hesitant with Chase as well..Not only was it approved it was immediately updated online and they told me I will be receiving my new card in 5-7 days.  Now that is service!! 

Message 6 of 14
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

@OneDay800 wrote:

That's great Smiley Happy That is why I love this forum..It gives you hope and courage to do things you normally wouldn't think of!!   I was hesitant with Chase as well..Not only was it approved it was immediately updated online and they told me I will be receiving my new card in 5-7 days.  Now that is service!! 

You are right, I only converted 15 minutes ago and it already shows up as a Freedom online. Amazing. They were very nice to talk to on the phone also. Thanks again. I never would have tried it yet without reading your success story.

Message 7 of 14
mokong
Regular Contributor

congrats guys.

Message 8 of 14
severine
Contributor

I agree! I've spent so long cowering and fearing the judgement of the CC companies (ohai my 20s were a bit of a disaster, but now things are under control. THANK GOD I have a job), that without the encouragement and advice of the nice people on this forum, I never would have thought to apply.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 9 of 14
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

That's a nice weekend's haul! Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.