Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Capital One chat session

tag
Yepitsme
Established Member

Weird Capital One chat session

So I just got off of a chat session with Capital One. I want to combine my platinum and Quicksilver one and PC into a quicksilver. Verify account information checked eligibility all is well although I owed $50 between the two cards so I had to make a payment to get the cards to 0 before they could combine them. While in the chat session the customer service representative started replying to questions I was not asking. I asked and I was confused what he was talking about the customer service rep clearly had multiple chat sessions going on simultaneously and he was discussing someone else's account to me. I pointed out that he was clearly typing responses into the wrong chat session and he profusely apologized. All of the information that he discussed in my chat session was benign and harmless but what if it wasn't what if the information he shared was more important? Anyhow in case anyone's wondering there's someone out there the tab in an authorized user removed because they can reign in the spending habits of that authorized. As for me and my attempt to combine the accounts and product change to the Quicksilver, my account is eligible and I can do it tomorrow after the zero balance post at midnight

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Weird Capital One chat session

I've had the chat thing happen to me a few times. Once where they called me the wrong persons name, and i was like what? I suppose it would be easy to make mistakes with multiple sessions.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many call centers from various products have their reps handle multiple chat sessions at once.  Most of the times you don't even notice until something like this happens.  It's certainly not limited to CapitalOne.  It's an unfortunate by product of many retailers lack of emphasis on handling cutomer complaints/issues, etc.

Message 3 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Yepitsme wrote:

So I just got off of a chat session with Capital One. I want to combine my platinum and Quicksilver one and PC into a quicksilver. Verify account information checked eligibility all is well although I owed $50 between the two cards so I had to make a payment to get the cards to 0 before they could combine them. While in the chat session the customer service representative started replying to questions I was not asking. I asked and I was confused what he was talking about the customer service rep clearly had multiple chat sessions going on simultaneously and he was discussing someone else's account to me. I pointed out that he was clearly typing responses into the wrong chat session and he profusely apologized. All of the information that he discussed in my chat session was benign and harmless but what if it wasn't what if the information he shared was more important? Anyhow in case anyone's wondering there's someone out there the tab in an authorized user removed because they can reign in the spending habits of that authorized. As for me and my attempt to combine the accounts and product change to the Quicksilver, my account is eligible and I can do it tomorrow after the zero balance post at midnight

Speaking from experience, you might have to wait a little while after combining the cards to get the PC. 

I combined my two QS1's back in December, and I was just now able to PC the newly combined card to the no-AF QS. 

Additionally, the limit usually needs to be over $3,000 for the PC to the QS. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is ,you were able to get them to do a Account Combination via chat? Because every time I try to get a combo via chat I get the generic rules response from them.All 3 of my cards meet the minimun requirements.

Message 5 of 8
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Many call centers from various products have their reps handle multiple chat sessions at once.  Most of the times you don't even notice until something like this happens.  It's certainly not limited to CapitalOne.  It's an unfortunate by product of many retailers lack of emphasis on handling cutomer complaints/issues, etc.

Yeah, exactly. It's not really the CSR's fault so much as Capital One's lack of emphasis on customer service. Logically having CSRs multitasking between multiple customers at once is going to negatively impact customer service and if Capital One truly cared about customer service they'd make it company policy for an agent to chat with a single person at a time. I strongly suspect that instead they actively encourage them to handle multiple chats at once to save costs.

It's extremely easy to type a message in the wrong chat box if you're talking to multiple people. At work we have an internal company chat program that we use to communicate with each other (not customers/clients) and it happens at least a couple of times of month. It's pretty benign, confusing at worst, since the messages are work-related anyway, but yeah that's obviously a recipe for disaster with customers.

Message 6 of 8
Yepitsme
Established Member

Deebee, limits are above 3k and the rep said I could pc to QS. I took a screen shot to give the EO if I have any issue. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Yepitsme
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is ,you were able to get them to do a Account Combination via chat? Because every time I try to get a combo via chat I get the generic rules response from them.All 3 of my cards meet the minimun requirements.

Yes, kind of. The customer service rep directed me through the steps on how to combine the accounts on my own from the login page you click on services then at the very bottom you click more and then one of the options is to combine accounts

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.