Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Closure of Barclay Apple Financing Visa

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Weird Closure of Barclay Apple Financing Visa

Hi everyone, placed a call today to cancel my Barclay's Apple Card card it is only good for the financing of an apple product, but really how many apple computers can someone purchase and I believe the limit for financing is only 12 months, where at bestbuy you can get 18 months for financing, apr is also extremely high for other purchases.  The process was quick when I called the backdoor number and I was able to transfer the whole credit limit over to my Barnes & Nobles Mastercard.  But when I went to check online I notice there was still a $500.00 cl on the Apple account but I did go to another account summary page and  it does state account is closed, has this happened to anyone else who has closed any Barclay's account? Will this be cleared soon?  Also I did check my Barnes & Nobles account entire cl was transferred over.  Thanks for any information....

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Weird Closure of Barclay Apple Financing Visa

@tray wrote:

Hi everyone, placed a call today to cancel my Barclay's Apple Card card it is only good for the financing of an apple product, but really how many apple computers can someone purchase and I believe the limit for financing is only 12 months, where at bestbuy you can get 18 months for financing, apr is also extremely high for other purchases.  The process was quick when I called the backdoor number and I was able to transfer the whole credit limit over to my Barnes & Nobles Mastercard.  But when I went to check online I notice there was still a $500.00 cl on the Apple account but I did go to another account summary page and  it does state account is closed, has this happened to anyone else who has closed any Barclay's account? Will this be cleared soon?  Also I did check my Barnes & Nobles account entire cl was transferred over.  Thanks for any information....

Thats odd, I can use my card anywhere Visa is excepted on any item.....

Message 2 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@tray wrote:

Thats odd, I can use my card anywhere Visa is excepted on any item.....

You are right you can use the card anywhere,  what I really meant to say in my thread the card is only good for the 0% financing option but the apr is high.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

oh I understand now, I have heard of people getting other offers if they dont use that card for a while

Message 4 of 11
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I havent used mine in about 15 months because they wouldnt raise the CL and I dont like to use more than 50% on any given card... I havent received any offers at all...

Message 5 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@tray wrote:

But when I went to check online I notice there was still a $500.00 cl on the Apple account but I did go to another account summary page and  it does state account is closed, has this happened to anyone else who has closed any Barclay's account? Will this be cleared soon?  Also I did check my Barnes & Nobles account entire cl was transferred over.  Thanks for any information....

Chase also does this. It's probably a system requirement that an account, even closed cannot go below $500. If you want the account removed from your online, you might have to call their online support. I wonder how the acct closure will report, as a closed $5000 or $500 line ?_?

Message 6 of 11
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Barclay closed my account for not usage too. I used it to buy a mac and thats it. My interest was 26.99 so i didnt use it for anything else.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 7 of 11
shane82388
Established Contributor

I just got my third auto CLI to $5300...it's good for utilization if nothing else....why close it?

Plus you'll always have a 0% method to finance a new mac or other Apple product you'll inevitably and eventually want to purchase.
Message 8 of 11
freeurmind
Valued Member

Wow how did you get up to 40k on that discover card? Are any of the other cards?

Starting Score: EQ 630 On 02/05/13 TU 695 on 02/20/13
Current Score: EQ 679 On 02/16/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I did this last week also and I was able to transfer the whole CL to my US Airways account.  Mine also says $500 CL, but no available credit.  I will just keep checking.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.