cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Comenity message when pushing CLI button. Is this NEW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Comenity message when pushing CLI button. Is this NEW?

Hi,  I should be eligible to ask for a cli on my comenity cards.   I have 4

Modells mvp visa  3000 cl   (last increase on July 7th)

Overstock              2250 cl  (last increase March 2016)

Victoria Secret       2800 cl  (last increase August 31)

Barneys                22750 cl  (haven't asked on this one since early this year because I'm very happy with the current cl)

Now I know a cl increase is never a given or a guarentee but when I hit the credit line increase button it pulls up a screen and tells me that I am not eligle for an increase at this time.  And gives me an 800 number to call.  

Has anyone seen this or is it new

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Weird Comenity message when pushing CLI button. Is this NEW?

@Anonymous wrote:

Barneys                22750 cl  (haven't asked on this one since early this year because I'm very happy with the current cl)

Now I know a cl increase is never a given or a guarentee but when I hit the credit line increase button it pulls up a screen and tells me that I am not eligle for an increase at this time.  And gives me an 800 number to call.  

It means that the current credit limit is the max you'll give for that account.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It means that the current credit limit is the max you'll give for that account.

Well that would suck, My scores are all around 700 or over and I know I've seen much higher credit limits for other members on here.

I was hoping it just meant they weren't ready to give me one now.  But would later.  

Message 3 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

FYI...I never have used the button for CLI on my Comenity cards. It always shows a red banner message anyways. I only do the auto bot lady, for my increases every few months, and get them even with the red banner online showing. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
FYI...I never have used the button for CLI on my Comenity cards. It always shows a red banner message anyways. I only do the auto bot lady, for my increases every few months, and get them even with the red banner online showing. Smiley Wink

Wow, Thanks pizza!.  I'll try that later when I have a minute to get on the phone.  Will post back with results.  

Message 5 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Wow, Thanks pizza!.  I'll try that later when I have a minute to get on the phone.  Will post back with results.  

Just remember when asking over the phone, say.....Credit limit lincrease" when she asks you want you want, and then follow the prompts. When you get to the part where she ask you "are you looking for a specific amount?"...say NO. you'll either hear congrats and your new limit, or sorry and a letter. 

If you hear congrats....stay on the line, DONT HANG UP, and start over the process unitl you DO get the sorry/letter message. Good luck!! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Is that for both store cards and majors (visa/mc) or just store cards?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza thanks for the heads up! I was wondering why my VS card wasn't letting me increase, although any time I call robo lady they send me to a customer service individual. I'll have to try again in a few months.

Message 8 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have two Comenity cards and because they gave an increase via robo lady back in july i think ( small $750 each account)if i hit the button they wont give me another as they say just received one so i definitely dont have the Comenity cards that grow astronomically lolSmiley Happy I will not take a hp cli for Comenity lol!
Message 9 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep

First time I ever found that on ANY of my own Comenity Cards.

And strange too because for example my Marathon Visa is only $4300 and I been looking forward to at least get it over the $5K mark.

But in some fairness, I tripped it a little soon. However later this month the 4 month schedule comes up again and if no joy or that msg appears again then I will be letting go of this card and close it period.

Am right now in the process (in advance of 2017) of dropping low hangers that aren't keeping pace with the rest of the pack. And the rest of the pack is consistently still GROWING, and I intend to reward those lenders handsomely even if it means paying some interest here and there.

Low hangers IMHO only serve to drag down BOTH Fico Score and prevent regular usage due to the Utilization Factor.

I don't have many of these type left anymore, but as you work your credit profile up the ladder, the last thing you need is some rookie U/W playing it safe by matching your Lowest Limits and there you are all over again babying another card for years just to reach $5K-$10K.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.