Contributor
CEOriginal

Weird Offer From AMEX... Help!!

Today I received another "pre-selected" offer from AMEX. I was denied May 15th due to high UTI%, but plan on app'ing again next week since that's taken care of.

This offer that I received, though, is for a sign up bonus of 25K points with....... AMEX GREEN?!??! Huh????? I've never heard of a sign up bonus with the Green card. I wanted the PRG for the first year for two reasons: 1) those 25K points, and 2) 2x points on gas and supermarket purchases. After the first year, I was probably going to downgrade to the Green anyway.

My question is this: Should I take AMEX on this offer? I mean, I know the common consensus is that approval criteria seems to be the same for all charge cards, but this seems to be a targeted offer. Does that matter? Also, if I were to use that RSVP code on the letter, I'm assuming it would automatically apply for the Green?

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

Re: Weird Offer From AMEX... Help!!

CEOriginal wrote:

Today I received another "pre-selected" offer from AMEX. I was denied May 15th due to high UTI%, but plan on app'ing again next week since that's taken care of.

This offer that I received, though, is for a sign up bonus of 25K points with....... AMEX GREEN?!??! Huh????? I've never heard of a sign up bonus with the Green card. I wanted the PRG for the first year for two reasons: 1) those 25K points, and 2) 2x points on gas and supermarket purchases. After the first year, I was probably going to downgrade to the Green anyway.

My question is this: Should I take AMEX on this offer? I mean, I know the common consensus is that approval criteria seems to be the same for all charge cards, but this seems to be a targeted offer. Does that matter? Also, if I were to use that RSVP code on the letter, I'm assuming it would automatically apply for the Green?

Got it today spend 1000 in 3 months 25,000 pts problem is I app'ed thursday 

Good luck should you app

and yes if you use the code it's just for you

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
09Lexie

Take the offer after your cr have updated.

Good luck!
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Take the offer, then apply for gold right after you get instant approval for green!

Then you can get what you really want but have fall back of first approved green if not!

Fico Scores: EQ 620, TU 675 & EX 703 (4-1-14)
Joint Cards: Navy NavCheck $15000, Discover iT $9000, Macy Amex $4000, Macy Store $3000, Macy Furniture $5800
AU: Virgin America $8500, CSP $27,000, Fidelity Amex $25,000, AA Biz $25,000, Barclay USAir Biz $6640
Mine: Navy NavCheck $3000, Kay Jewelry $2700, Pottery Barn $2800, FleetCard MC Biz $1800, HSN $1500, Vitacost MC $1500, Navy Cash $1500 and nRewards $1500, Bill Me Later $772, Cap1 Sony $750, Cap1 Spark $750, Best Buy MC $750, GE 76 Gas $650, Von Maur $600, Cap1 QuickSilver $500, Burbank CU $500, Kohls $300, Target1 $300, Target2 $300, Buckle $250, Express $250, Target3 $200
Contributor
CEOriginal

Creditaddict wrote:

Take the offer, then apply for gold right after you get instant approval for green!

Then you can get what you really want but have fall back of first approved green if not!

Wait a minute, I can apply for PRG RIGHT after I get approval for green?? Isn't there a wait period before I can successfully apply for another card?

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

CEOriginal wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Wait a minute, I can apply for PRG RIGHT after I get approval for green?? Isn't there a wait period before I can successfully apply for another card?

No waiting

Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
09Lexie

First of all, you can't app within 30 days of a denial. Take the offer after your cr has updated AND after the 15th.
Contributor
CEOriginal

myjourney wrote:

CEOriginal wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

No waiting

Nice? Thanks guys... 

Any possibillity of the first app getting denied after approval if seond app is denied?

Contributor
CEOriginal

09Lexie wrote:
First of all, you can't app within 30 days of a denial. Take the offer after your cr has updated AND after the 15th.

Yes, that I know. I'm applying sometime next week when I get a chance.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

CEOriginal wrote:

myjourney wrote:

CEOriginal wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

No waiting

Nice? Thanks guys... 

Any possibillity of the first app getting denied after approval if seond app is denied?

1st step is what Lexie said but if 1st app is approved no they won't take it back

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+