Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Offer from Capital One

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Weird Offer from Capital One

Got multiple pre-screened offers today in the mail, including a strange one from Capital One.

They want me to apply for their "No Hassle Miles Card." What is weird that is the picture in the letter looks like the regular Platinum card, but the actual rewards are more like the Venture card. It gives 2 miles per dollar, but doesn't waive the first year's AF or come with an introductory APR or BT offer. I tried looking up this particular card on their website, but no luck (although it came up when I entered the invitation code).

I probably won't bite (this or the so-so Discover offer I received), but I guess you learn something new everyday. Even when you lurk on these boards all the time, apparently!

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Weird Offer from Capital One

Maybe there's a new card coming.

@sengpatt wrote:

Got multiple pre-screened offers today in the mail, including a strange one from Capital One.

They want me to apply for their "No Hassle Miles Card." What is weird that is the picture in the letter looks like the regular Platinum card, but the actual rewards are more like the Venture card. It gives 2 miles per dollar, but doesn't waive the first year's AF or come with an introductory APR or BT offer. I tried looking up this particular card on their website, but no luck (although it came up when I entered the invitation code).

I probably won't bite (this or the so-so Discover offer I received), but I guess you learn something new everyday. Even when you lurk on these boards all the time, apparently!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Well you know what they say, excellent credit has its rewards. No really, that's how the offer starts out, "Excellent credit has its rewards..."

I just received my offer in the mail today. Its a $0 annual fee card, with no "signing bonus". If I was reasonably sure I could always cash out the points 1-to-1 into gift cards, it would probably be a good 2% on everything card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

So is it a new card being added to the lineup?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Well you know what they say, excellent credit has its rewards. No really, that's how the offer starts out, "Excellent credit has its rewards..."

I just received my offer in the mail today. Its a $0 annual fee card, with no "signing bonus". If I was reasonably sure I could always cash out the points 1-to-1 into gift cards, it would probably be a good 2% on everything card.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Perhaps capital one will pull a discover and consolidate their line up into one reasonably diesel card.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.