Regular Contributor
sengpatt

Weird Offer from Capital One

Got multiple pre-screened offers today in the mail, including a strange one from Capital One.

They want me to apply for their "No Hassle Miles Card." What is weird that is the picture in the letter looks like the regular Platinum card, but the actual rewards are more like the Venture card. It gives 2 miles per dollar, but doesn't waive the first year's AF or come with an introductory APR or BT offer. I tried looking up this particular card on their website, but no luck (although it came up when I entered the invitation code).

I probably won't bite (this or the so-so Discover offer I received), but I guess you learn something new everyday. Even when you lurk on these boards all the time, apparently!

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Weird Offer from Capital One

Maybe there's a new card coming.

sengpatt wrote:

Got multiple pre-screened offers today in the mail, including a strange one from Capital One.

They want me to apply for their "No Hassle Miles Card." What is weird that is the picture in the letter looks like the regular Platinum card, but the actual rewards are more like the Venture card. It gives 2 miles per dollar, but doesn't waive the first year's AF or come with an introductory APR or BT offer. I tried looking up this particular card on their website, but no luck (although it came up when I entered the invitation code).

I probably won't bite (this or the so-so Discover offer I received), but I guess you learn something new everyday. Even when you lurk on these boards all the time, apparently!

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Valued Contributor
Themanwhocan

Well you know what they say, excellent credit has its rewards. No really, that's how the offer starts out, "Excellent credit has its rewards..."

I just received my offer in the mail today. Its a $0 annual fee card, with no "signing bonus". If I was reasonably sure I could always cash out the points 1-to-1 into gift cards, it would probably be a good 2% on everything card.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

So is it a new card being added to the lineup?

Themanwhocan wrote:

Well you know what they say, excellent credit has its rewards. No really, that's how the offer starts out, "Excellent credit has its rewards..."

I just received my offer in the mail today. Its a $0 annual fee card, with no "signing bonus". If I was reasonably sure I could always cash out the points 1-to-1 into gift cards, it would probably be a good 2% on everything card.

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Established Contributor
NJTurnpike

Perhaps capital one will pull a discover and consolidate their line up into one reasonably diesel card.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}