Weird conversation with U.S. Bank!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird conversation with U.S. Bank!

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...Btw no word on the bonus yet. I faxed the information on 20th october. Couple of people have reported on CK and other forums that US bank was not seeing bonus offer attached their account even though they were prequalified for it before approval and used the link to apply...

I'm also waiting on the bonus reponse.  So annoying!!

@Anonymous and @Anonymous any luck with your bonuses? When I click Rewards Details next to Rewards Balance, I'm seeing $120 or so next to Bonus Rewards Since Last Statement so it appears that I'll be seeing it on my statement next week. 

No luck here, comlaint with CFPB resulted in a no. They said "it was a targeted offer" even though is online and applied for it. I'm not using either of the cards and won't for now.  Is not so much about the bonus anymore, but the principal of honoring what they have online for customers...bad IMO.  Congrats on your bonuses!!

Message 21 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous sorry that this has been such a frustrating experience for you!

@Anonymous sorry for the delayed response; somehow I missed that.  Yes, if you redeem $100 or more you will get a one-time $25 card mailed to you in 6-8 weeks.  I cashed mine out as a statement credit and it said it would be applied on my next statement.  Pleasantly surprised to see that it was actually applied 2 days later.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

K-In-Boston, i direct deposited both of my bonuses to my usbank checking account and it was instantaneous!. I also received a message on the screen as i redeemed 100$ for cash+ that i would receive 25$ gift card within 6 weeks. Pretty cool! Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

c00mtg, i can totally understand your frustration! Usbank should honor their promise and its annoying that they try to get away not honoring. What i did in my CFPB complaint was ,I uploaded as much documents as possible ,i even gave them a copy of my post on myfico from oct 12th 2017 about asking advice on my fico after i was prequalified. I marked the date and time in all of my documents , i furnished them with a copy of the screenshot of my TU inquiry on 12th october apart from screen shot of prequals taken on 12th october.
Before involving CFPB ,Usbank gave me similar excuse . First excuse was i didnt click the prequal link, second was i wasn't targetted etc. In my CFPB complaint along with all the documents which recorded the date time of my application and prequal , i asked us bank to prove to me that i did not click the link or credit the bonus. And also mentioned that prequals are specific to credit profiles based onthe information given by us such as ssn etc so what is their meaning of 'targetted' here ,especially after the approval? . I also mentioned that its just not me ,many others are also not given bonus after being prequalified and approved and usbank should be held reponsible .
And CFPB was a success and they agreed to credit 200$ combined for both cards.

May be you should try another complaint ( if you feel like) by furnishing as much docs as possible?

Message 24 of 29
minski
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...Btw no word on the bonus yet. I faxed the information on 20th october. Couple of people have reported on CK and other forums that US bank was not seeing bonus offer attached their account even though they were prequalified for it before approval and used the link to apply...

@Anonymous and @Anonymous any luck with your bonuses? When I click Rewards Details next to Rewards Balance, I'm seeing $120 or so next to Bonus Rewards Since Last Statement so it appears that I'll be seeing it on my statement next week. 

Same with me. I answered a prequal email and met the spend. I see $100 next to Bonus Rewards since last statement but I haven't seen it in my Rewards balance as of yet. I'm giving them 90 days from the time I met my spend before contacting them. 

Message 25 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@minski wrote:

Same with me. I answered a prequal email and met the spend. I see $100 next to Bonus Rewards since last statement but I haven't seen it in my Rewards balance as of yet. I'm giving them 90 days from the time I met my spend before contacting them. 

If you see it in Bonus Rewards Since Last Statement, it will be available when your current statement closes.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@minski wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep. You are good since you see it already under bonus rewards. It will be available for redemption on your next statement.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
c00mtg, i can totally understand your frustration! Usbank should honor their promise and its annoying that they try to get away not honoring. What i did in my CFPB complaint was ,I uploaded as much documents as possible ,i even gave them a copy of my post on myfico from oct 12th 2017 about asking advice on my fico after i was prequalified. I marked the date and time in all of my documents , i furnished them with a copy of the screenshot of my TU inquiry on 12th october apart from screen shot of prequals taken on 12th october.
Before involving CFPB ,Usbank gave me similar excuse . First excuse was i didnt click the prequal link, second was it was targetted etc. In my CFPB along with all the documents which recorded the date time of my application date and prequal date , i asked us bank to prove to me that i did not click the link or credit the bonus. And also mentioned that prequals are specific to credit profiles based onthe information given by us such as ssn etc so what is their meaning of 'targetted' here ,especially after the approval? . I also mentioned that its just not me ,many others are also not given bonus after being prequalified and approved and usbank should be held reponsible .
And CFPB was a success and they agreed to credit 200$ combined for both cards.

May be you should try another complaint ( if you feel like) by furnishing as much docs as possible?

Ugh! lol...Great advice.  I already have my three cards set up for my bills to receive my max annual cash back. Besides, i applied for the card in October, so the 3 months would be early January 2018 and won't be able to meet the $500...well i can, but again, my other cards are already been set up.  Thanks anyways!  Maybe if they extend the 3 months i would do it.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

In situations like that where i have other cards earning good rewards, i use paypal. But again , if it feels too much of hassle to do that and CFPB , i guess just let it go and enjoy the peace of mind of not having to deal with them. sometimes its not worth the fight.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.