Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird issues with Buckle card

tag
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Weird issues with Buckle card

So, I got a buckle and Vs card using the SCT (yeah, yeah I know.)  for the last six months, for kicks and giggles I'd hit the CLI button once a week, always being declined until finally VS took me from $250 to $900.  About a month ago, the buckle cli button STOPPED working.  It still takes me to the screen to ask for income, but when I hit the button, it just stays on the same screen, it doesn't give me a decline, doesn't do anything, just stays there.

I finally called Buckle to see what was going on and after several calls with everyone saying "I don't know, would you like me to do a hard pull?" I finally got someone who said that "based on information in your credit bureau report we

are required to contact you using the information you provided to the credit bureau. Since we were not

able to contact you with the information provided, we cannot complete the processing of your request" 

However, my experian report matches exactly what buckle has and no other comenity cards ( I have 3 total comenity cards) have this issue.  I called experian and they said "there is nothing weird going on." 

My question is, am I basically just s*** out of luck with them due to their weird error?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Weird issues with Buckle card

@MANNING2379 wrote:

So, I got a buckle and Vs card using the SCT (yeah, yeah I know.)  for the last six months, for kicks and giggles I'd hit the CLI button once a week, always being declined until finally VS took me from $250 to $900.  About a month ago, the buckle cli button STOPPED working.  It still takes me to the screen to ask for income, but when I hit the button, it just stays on the same screen, it doesn't give me a decline, doesn't do anything, just stays there.

I finally called Buckle to see what was going on and after several calls with everyone saying "I don't know, would you like me to do a hard pull?" I finally got someone who said that "based on information in your credit bureau report we

are required to contact you using the information you provided to the credit bureau. Since we were not

able to contact you with the information provided, we cannot complete the processing of your request" 

However, my experian report matches exactly what buckle has and no other comenity cards ( I have 3 total comenity cards) have this issue.  I called experian and they said "there is nothing weird going on." 

My question is, am I basically just s*** out of luck with them due to their weird error?

Has it been over 30 days since this behavior started happening? 

Comenity cards seem to get in these month-long cycles of weird behaviors that have a way of fixing themselves. For example, if you move and update your address on your cards, you won't be able to request an online CLI for at least 30 days. 

My advice is to wait it out. Same advice if they ask to do a HP. Eventually they'll go back to SP CLI's. Customer service probably won't be any help to you. 

Message 2 of 5
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@MANNING2379 wrote:

Has it been over 30 days since this behavior started happening? 

yes.  closing in on 60. 

Message 3 of 5
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Well, whatever the issue was, they fixed it.  Finally got a CLI (twice.)

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MANNING2379 wrote:

Well, whatever the issue was, they fixed it.  Finally got a CLI (twice.)

thats great!  So you know for future..31 days between CLI for better resultsSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.