Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird message from Amex - Update Income and Asset information

tag
Capya
New Contributor

Weird message from Amex - Update Income and Asset information

I logged onto my Amex account this morning, and one of my cards had a red exclamation point over it.

When I went to the card in question (Blue Cash Preferred) there was a note saying "Please click here to update your income and financial asset information so that we may service you better."

I clicked on the link, and it asked me how much I made annually, and the value of my assets.   I entered the information, and the note went away.   No other changes.

Earlier this month I accidentally went over my credit limit (It's my 3rd card with them, and they only gave me $2K),  but paid it down well before the statement cut.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Starting Score: 573 (Exp 10/12)
Current Score: 767 (Exp 6/13)
Goal Score: 700+ I Crushed it!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Weird message from Amex - Update Income and Asset information

@Capya wrote:

I logged onto my Amex account this morning, and one of my cards had a red exclamation point over it.

When I went to the card in question (Blue Cash Preferred) there was a note saying "Please click here to update your income and financial asset information so that we may service you better."

I clicked on the link, and it asked me how much I made annually, and the value of my assets.   I entered the information, and the note went away.   No other changes.

Earlier this month I accidentally went over my credit limit (It's my 3rd card with them, and they only gave me $2K),  but paid it down well before the statement cut.

Anybody have any experience with this?

I've seen this from other issuers recently, basically saying the CARD Act requires them to have up to date income info so that they can consider CLIs etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.