Contributor
gp82402

Weird reason for denial

So I've had my eye on the Barnes and Noble MC (Barclay) for quite some time now. I decided to app today and got a strange reason for denial,

-Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclay Bank Delaware

In evaluating your application, the consumer reporting agency listed below provided us with information that in whole or in part influenced our decision. The reporting agency played no part in our decision other than providing us with credit information about you, and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have a right to know the information provided to us. It can be obtained by contacting: NO BUREAU, NO ADDRESS, NO CITY, XX  000000, 555-555-5555.

Anyone ever get a denial letter like this before?

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Re: Weird reason for denial

Do you already have Barclays credit products?

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Contributor
gp82402

Yes, I have the Apple Financing Visa. I have about $200 on it (which I just paid but hasn't posted yet) and a limit of $650. But I would think that having sufficient available credit would be a good thing

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

gp82402 wrote:

Yes, I have the Apple Financing Visa. I have about $200 on it (which I just paid but hasn't posted yet) and a limit of $650. But I would think that having sufficient available credit would be a good thing

"Sufficient Available Credit" is code for "As much credit as we're willing to extend at this time."

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Contributor
gp82402

OK. That makes more sense! I can live with that. I thought they were saying I had too much available credit. Thanks for clearing that up for me  :smileyhappy:

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

gp82402 wrote:

OK. That makes more sense! I can live with that. I thought they were saying I had too much available credit. Thanks for clearing that up for me  :smileyhappy:

Well, it can certainly mean that too. But, given that they didn't use information contained in your credit reports to come to that decision, it far more likely that they've just capped the amount of credit that they're willing to extend internally.

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

LilMirth wrote:

gp82402 wrote:

"Sufficient Available Credit" is code for "As much credit as we're willing to extend at this time."

I got the same reason when I was denied for CLI requests on my 2 BoA cards.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+