Contributor

Weird reason for denial

So I've had my eye on the Barnes and Noble MC (Barclay) for quite some time now. I decided to app today and got a strange reason for denial,

-Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclay Bank Delaware

In evaluating your application, the consumer reporting agency listed below provided us with information that in whole or in part influenced our decision. The reporting agency played no part in our decision other than providing us with credit information about you, and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have a right to know the information provided to us. It can be obtained by contacting: NO BUREAU, NO ADDRESS, NO CITY, XX  000000, 555-555-5555.

Anyone ever get a denial letter like this before?

Moderator Emerita

Re: Weird reason for denial

Do you already have Barclays credit products?

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Contributor

Yes, I have the Apple Financing Visa. I have about $200 on it (which I just paid but hasn't posted yet) and a limit of $650. But I would think that having sufficient available credit would be a good thing

Moderator Emerita

gp82402 wrote:

Yes, I have the Apple Financing Visa. I have about $200 on it (which I just paid but hasn't posted yet) and a limit of $650. But I would think that having sufficient available credit would be a good thing

"Sufficient Available Credit" is code for "As much credit as we're willing to extend at this time."

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Contributor

OK. That makes more sense! I can live with that. I thought they were saying I had too much available credit. Thanks for clearing that up for me  Smiley Happy

Moderator Emerita

gp82402 wrote:

OK. That makes more sense! I can live with that. I thought they were saying I had too much available credit. Thanks for clearing that up for me  Smiley Happy

Well, it can certainly mean that too. But, given that they didn't use information contained in your credit reports to come to that decision, it far more likely that they've just capped the amount of credit that they're willing to extend internally.

LilMirth wrote:

gp82402 wrote:

"Sufficient Available Credit" is code for "As much credit as we're willing to extend at this time."

I got the same reason when I was denied for CLI requests on my 2 BoA cards.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.