Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird with citi payment at branch?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Weird with citi payment at branch?

Wanted to pay my citi CC today as I was near a branch so I went into pay my account balance in cash $80~~, the teller had to ask me for occupation and I have to provide a ID in order to pay my balance???? Is this something new? I dont't have CC's with citi and no other accounts..

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird with citi payment at branch?

Don't know. I usually make payments online. Hopefully others will chime in.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jae Jae....

They do the same with me. They use it as a money laundering control tool...silly as it is. The tellers told me that I can use the ATM's to pay the card so, when I have small balance I use them, and have no issues.

Be well

Gregg

Message 3 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Oh I see, funny thing was I was gonna use the ATM, but they don't accept coins😂😂 didn't want a (-) balance of a few cents.

Garden mode

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I have a small balance...lets say like 93.44...I will always round up to the next 5.. (95) and just let the credit appear on the statement.

Gregg

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I cant understand why you say you have no Citi cc's and no other accounts when clearly you do.
Message 6 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I cant understand why you say you have no Citi cc's and no other accounts when clearly you do.

That's what the bank lady told me when I asked why they needed to ask me the questions, she stated that I don't have Citibank checking/savings account...so I assume my CC's don't count ?

Garden mode

Message 7 of 9
Creditfan1234
Contributor

This is the new money laundering methods banks are starting too use. If you paid with a check they wouldn't have asked. Its only for cash transactions. 

Message 8 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

That's what the bank lady told me when I asked why they needed to ask me the questions, she stated that I don't have Citibank checking/savings account...so I assume my CC's don't count ?

Ah, now it makes sense... you have no checking or savings with Citi but obviously you have a credit card, thus the need to make a payment. 

If you had a deposit account (checking or savings) they most likely would have ID information on file for you already, but since you're a credit card customer (only) they need the additional info for a cash payment.

(There's a little confusion due to a typo in your initial post where you state you don't have a CC with Citi, yet you're making a CC payment.)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.