Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome Offers?

If one is offered and you apply for the card do you automatically get the offer if approved or is it conditional based on how much they want you based on what they see. Like if you barely make it they go nope on the offer vs someone who is well beyond any begging to get approved.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome Offers?

If the Sign up bonus offer is offered to you when you apply for the card and you are approved for the card. You should be able to get the SUB if you meet the required conditions ( normally a min spending requirement) atleast for credit cards.

Your score/history should not affect your chances of getting a SUB if approved for the card.

The only exception to what I just said is Amex, atleast the only one I’ve ever read about here.

They will clearly tell you, that there is no welcome offer and are placing you on a credit steps program.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
If the Sign up bonus offer is offered to you when you apply for the card and you are approved for the card. You should be able to get the SUB if you meet the required conditions ( normally a min spending requirement) atleast for credit cards.

Your score/history should not affect your chances of getting a SUB if approved for the card.

The only exception to what I just said is Amex, atleast the only one I’ve ever read about here.

They will clearly tell you, that there is no welcome offer and are placing you on a credit steps program.

+1

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover can approve you without their standard 0% intro APR offer.  You still get Cash Back Match though.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.