Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Prime Land!

tag
Redissochi
New Contributor

Welcome to Prime Land!

Ok so I first want to thank this website and ALL of the members who actively contribute because of you guys I have turned my credit score around from 545 (Jan 2011) to Well over 700. I went on letter writing campaigns, PFD letters and so on and got all my baddies removed!! Currently I have a Secured card from Crap 1 and the No hassles card, Orchard, Walmart, Car Care, Care credit, Lenscrafters, QVC, JC Penneys, Amazon and PP Smart Connect. I started with the very low limits between $400-700.Now all my limits are well over $1500 and mind you all these cards have been received this year, PP Smart connect is my oldest, apped in Nov 11 started at $800 now at $1500. I apped for prime cards earlier in rebuilding and gor denied consistantly, now yesterday I got the itch again and pulled the trigger and apped for the Discover card. Instead of getting the usual 7-10 days message it had me verify info from my credit report, I was like hmmmm interesting. Then it asked me to call a financial analyst and also set up online access. I called the analyst, he asked me about AAoA and my inquries and then told me: WELL WE CAN APPROVE YOU FOR $1000 FOR THE DISCOVER MORE CARD!!!  I nearly jumped for joy before I realized I was still at work LOL. I know its not a super high limit but I am in the door! This time last year Discover would not even let me smell one of their cards, now they are letting me in the door and Myfico.com I am forever grateful!!! :-)

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Welcome to Prime Land!

Congratulations!!! It is an exhilirating feeling to have gone from having lousy credit to having good credit. Give yourself a pat on the back; you took the time to learn how to improve your credit and then made the effort to do so. Now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. Enjoy your new Discover card! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 23
LesWH
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  I love reading stories like yours, and I agree, the information on this site is PRICELESS!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 3 of 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

i don't know cause i've never had a discover.... since they wouldn't let you smell it... do they smell good? lol

congrats btw

my credit was worse than yours but i smacked mine down but not with a goodwill but with letters with intention to sue lol (all had illegal violations reporting on mine)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 23
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Good turn around story. In these times its best to have your credit good, at least that battle helps win the personal war in this economy.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 5 of 23
Redissochi
New Contributor

THANKS EVERYONE!! I dont know how it smells yet cause it hasnt gotten here yet but the smell of victory is sweeet!!! I went from not really caring about credit cause I was kind of a spoiled brat to really caring about credit when my parents told me that purse strings were cut and I couldnt even get a car loan in my name. The little results I saw at first motivated me to continue cleaning my report. So now this just feels really good. Now I have credit alerts and I stalk my credit report for every little thing. You never know how good it is to have good credit until you have good credit!!

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 23
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats! Always good to see hard work pay off! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 23
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Redissochi wrote:

THANKS EVERYONE!! I dont know how it smells yet cause it hasnt gotten here yet but the smell of victory is sweeet!!! I went from not really caring about credit cause I was kind of a spoiled brat to really caring about credit when my parents told me that purse strings were cut and I couldnt even get a car loan in my name. The little results I saw at first motivated me to continue cleaning my report. So now this just feels really good. Now I have credit alerts and I stalk my credit report for every little thing. You never know how good it is to have good credit until you have good credit!!

Great story.  Congrats. 

Message 8 of 23
GABrown
New Contributor

congrats!!!! your story really gives me hope!!!
Message 9 of 23
brainysmurf
Contributor

Congrats Redissochi!

I can definitely empathize with you that how good it feels to turn credit around.

Your last line in post #6 pretty much said it all.

It feels good to be able to choose who you'd like to borrow from, instead of being forced to accept the terrible terms of whoever will give you a chance.

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.