Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well... Barneys was laid to rest today 😢

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well... Barneys was laid to rest today 😢

Did the same thing with Walmart.  Except in my case the limit wasn't nearly as high ($400).  Wasn't growing with me so I put it out of its misery. 

Message 21 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

Do you have a list of your current line up? 

I do, but its not that impressive compared to some here. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Congrats on keeping with your plan.  I love reading your post as it keeps me inspired as you have a few cards on my wants list and I enjoy reading your post about them.  

Thank you so much for that! Hopefully youll see my next plan unfold next year. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you everyone for the support!! Ill admit, it hurt to close this...personally, not financially. I didn't need it for util purposes anyway. It was a tough but necessary close. Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

I'm all about OP despite vastly different approaches, shine on.

That said, whether or not one apps with abandon, conquers, then closes and moves on, it's simply not a good look for most of the newbies looking up to vets and modeling behaviour.

So for the rest of us, not advisable to open a gagillion store cards to re/build credit and you may well have regrets if you view this approach as a glam endeavor, even if others never do. 

One decent rule of thumb without any less FICO scoring or profile building umph is to limit store cards to up to 3-5 of your favs, if any. The all in approach offers no further benefit beyond entertainment value. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 25 of 27
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Pizza, i have been following you and reading all your posts for quite a while now, as much as i can. You are doing an awesome job, and inspiring a lot of people here.

What you did was not easy at all, but look at it this way:

From the day you started your rebuild, repair, or whatever you want to call it; how far along you must have come, or how much you must have achieved, to be able to close a $30K account, whether it is a store card or cc. I am all with you when it comes to store cards, they serve a purpose, and they did fit in your game plan perfect, and you got the best out of them until you reached your current goals. The only way for you from here on is up high, and higher... Congrats on all your achievements, and good luck with the future plans...

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fabulous! High five!!!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.