Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, Cap One, it was fun while it lasted

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Well, Cap One, it was fun while it lasted

Finally closed out my 17 year old Cap One card. Began my journey with a $300 CL back in the late 90s. Up until yesterday, it has only only been upgraded to a QS1 and a $2,500 limit throughout it's life. At this point, with the level or cards I have, I don't quite need them anymore.

I won't bash them as they gave me a chance to build credit when I started out but it sure feels good to let them go.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well, Cap One, it was fun while it lasted

Like losing your old dog.  

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Like losing your old dog.  

Or an old wart.

I'm just kidding. I actually like Capital One. But that doesn't seem to be a common sentiment here...

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ol yeller?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ol yeller?

Great movie.  First movie I ever cried during.   A long time ago

Message 5 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

"Die, Fido, Die...."

Congrats or I'm sorry...whichever applies.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 17
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

I'm looking to keep nothing but prime lender cards in my wallet. Although, I was very tempted to apply for the ventureone card from them. I've seen folks report very generous CLs on that card.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

"Die, Fido, Die...."

Congrats or I'm sorry...whichever applies.  Smiley Happy

In my original post, I was going to reference Cujo, but I thought that might be taking it too far.

Message 8 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

i just don't get it. i know why you closed it. but 17 years. i think i would have just kept it for life at that point. really knowing what i know about fico scores now.

Message 9 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on closing it.. Closing one of mine when my new Amex reports.. 25 years backdate makes Cap1 that was opened whatever ago trivial..  Cap1 had their place with me as well, but they just don't grow with you.  I have 2 Cap1's now, one will be Axed sometime thismonth or early next month and the other one with be killed out towards the end of the year when I get another 10k+ credit line with a lender that you can actually talk with in the States and that can do stuff without going to the EO.  

Anyways, congrats!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.